BCST can manufacturer kinds of mass flowmeters like thermal mass flowmeters, vortex mass flowmeters, gas turbine mass flowmeters, Coriolis mass flowmeters, etc.
- Easy installation
- Wide flow turndown range
- High measurement accuracy
- Less leak potential
- Accurate measurement
High Accuracy Mass Flowmeter Manufacturer
BCST mass flowmeters are designed to directly and continuously measure the “mass” of the process; mass flowmeters are normally used for the measurement of a medium whose composition of materials is important, which can ensure the quality of the products.
BCST mass flowmeters have different types. They are inline type thermal mass flowmeters, plug type thermal mass flowmeters, vortex mass flowmeters, mini thermal mass flowmeters, precession vortex mass flowmeters, turbine gas mass flowmeters, Coriolis mass steam flowmeters, etc.
BCST supplies your one-step solution for a mass flowmeter.
One Step Solution of Mass Flowmeters Manufacturer
Your Best Mass Flowmeter Supplier in China
BCST can provide you all-wave and one-stop mass flowmeter solutions based on your parameters like medium, flow rate, pipe size, installation method, working temperature, and working pressure, etc.
Normally, a mass flowmeter is usually used for measurement of mass flow for kinds of medium like steam, biogas, exhaust gas, compressed air, LNG, LPG, argon, nitrogen & oxygen, carbon dioxide, & the list goes on & on.
BCST is your best mass flowmeter supplier in China .
Hot Sales Mass Flowmeter
Why Purchase Mass Flowmeter from BCST
BCST mass flowmeters are being used successfully in many applications with gas mass flow, for example:
Compressed air (consumption, distribution)
Carbon dioxide (for beverage production and chilling)
Argon (in steel production)
Nitrogen and oxygen (production)
Natural gas (for burners and boiler feed control)
Air and biogas measurement (e.g. in wastewater plants)
Mass Flowmeter-A Complete Guide
In 1990 after the establishment of BCST, it became a famous manufacturer and supplier delivering quality instruments. It includes a mass flowmeter, calibrators, pressure transmitters, limit switch, pressure gauge, and much more. Various mass flowmeters are present at BCST, which serve chemical, petroleum, pharmaceutical, and many other industries. The main objective of BCST is to manufacture and supply mass flowmeters for accurate measurement.
Below are the answers to all the queries about the mass flowmeter:
What is a mass flowmeter?
The mass flowmeter is used to measure the rate of gas mass flow, which depends on the convective transferring the heat from the hot surface to the flowing of the fluid. There are two temperature sensors in the mass flowmeter with an electric heater in them, and the heater is in between the fluid stream or outside the pipe. You can calculate the mass flow from the output of the volumetric flow meter and densitometer. You can measure the density directly or calculate from the output of the processing temperature and pressure transmitters; these mass flow measurements don’t deliver accurate results because the relationship between processing temperature or pressure and density is unknown.
What are the types of mass flowmeters?
- Thermal mass flowmeter: The thermal mass flowmeter is based on the principle of thermal diffusion. It uses the methodology of constant difference of temperature for accurately measuring the gas. Overall, the measurement of this mass flowmeter is by the digital circuit and easy to maintain.
- Coriolis mass flowmeter: The Coriolis mass flowmeter introduces Coriolis acceleration in the flowing stream and measuring the mass flow. When the fluid flows in the pipe, there is a Coriolis acceleration rotating in the tube. The generation of deflection force by the Coriolis inertial effect results in measuring the mass flow rate of the fluid. It is primarily the right angle towards the direction of the flow.
- Vortex mass flowmeter: The vortex mass flowmeter is the right choice for the petroleum industry. There are many applications in the oil and gas industries using vortex mass flowmeter to allocate the natural gas in the smaller pipes (less than 8 inches). The purpose of using a vortex mass flowmeter is to measure the multivariable and need to manage applications of significant energy.
- Small size thermal gas mass flowmeter: The design of the small size thermal gas mass flowmeter is based on thermal dispersion. It uses the method of constant differential in the temperature to measure the flow of the gas. The advantages of using a small size thermal gas mass flowmeter are easy installation and high accuracy and reliability.
- Natural gas vortex mass flowmeter: This mass flowmeter is particularly for industries to measure natural gas. There is versatility in the natural gas vortex mass flowmeter. This type of mass flowmeter is reliable for measuring natural gas, liquid, and steam. It can handle high temperatures along with the measurement of the steam.
- Gas turbine mass flowmeter: The gas turbine flow sensor is integrated along the glass flow totalizer in the gas turbine mass flowmeter. It is primarily helpful in the chemical, petroleum, and metallurgical industry. The gas turbine mass flowmeter is gas metering, regulating the gas pressure and gas meter to transfer custody. The gas turbine mass flowmeter is also suitable for measuring natural gas in the pipes.
Who are the manufacturers of a mass flowmeter?
Many countries are manufacturing and supplying mass flowmeters. It includes the United Kingdom, USA, India, Greece, and China. In China, BCST is the most famous manufacturer and supplier of mass flowmeters. BCST designs the mass flowmeter for measuring the mass of the process and medium whose composition is essential to deliver high-quality products. BCST provides you mass flowmeter solutions depending on the parameters such as medium, rate of the flow, working temperature, and pressure. BCST is the best supplier as well in China and other parts of the world. You can select the mass flowmeter according to the requirements of your applications.
What are the tips for installing a mass flowmeter?
- Mounting position of the mass flowmeter: The position of mounting is very important. Always prefer mass flowmeter to install in the horizontal position. Mostly, the mass flowmeter using the high pressures is mounted in this specific position. Always avoid installing a mass flowmeter near the heat sources and mechanical vibrations.
- Keep avoiding interruptions: Avoid abrupt angles or any object that causes disturbance in the fluid flowing in the mass flowmeter, usually for high flow rates. As the recommendation, the distance must be 10 times more than the pipe diameter between the inlet and the angle of the mass flowmeter.
- A nameplate (labeling as the serial number): before starting the installation process, read the nameplate of the mass flowmeter and check the electrical connectivity. You also need to check the flow range, measuring medium, inlet/outlet of pressure, working temperature, and input and output signals. You need to be sure that the sealing material is compatible with the processing gas.
- Electrostatic discharges: there are electronic components in the mass flowmeter that are sensitive to the electrostatic discharge. It is the sudden flow of the electricity between the electrically charging objects cause due to contact. These charging objects can damage the components of the mass flowmeter or even cause failure in the results.
- Pressure: never apply the pressure before the electrical connectivity. Whenever you are using pressure on the mass flowmeter, you must prevent yourself from the pressure shocks. Slowly increase the pressure.
- Check the pipes: before installing the mass flowmeter, make sure that the piping system is clean. For complete cleaning, install the filters, so there is no moisture and gas stream. You can also use an in-line filter upstream of the mass flowmeter and if there is any backflow, use the downstream filter.
- In-line installation: always install the mass flowmeter and tight all the fittings according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Diameter of the pipes: never use small diameter pipes at high flow rates because the inlet flow affects the accuracy of the mass flowmeter. Select the accurate diameter of the pipe because it decreases the effect on the flow as much as possible.
- Leakage test: Check the system for leakage before applying the pressure on the fluid. Mainly if the fluid is corrosive, toxic, or any other dangerous type.
- Power up: apply the power to the mass flowmeter for approximately 30 mins to warm it up. You can do it by applying the pressure with or without the fluid present in the system.
What are the features of a mass flowmeter?
- The mass flowmeter measures mass flow directly with a high rate of accuracy. The mass flowmeter measures the liquid, gas, and steam.
- The mass flowmeter has the capability to measure gas in small quantities. Such as you can use it as a refrigerant flow meter.
- You can measure different fluids from the mass flowmeter and use it as an asphalt mass flowmeter, molasses flow meter, syrup flow meter, glucose flowmeter, and slurry flowmeter. It is the type of high viscosity flowmeter.
- The distribution of fluid flowing rate in mass flowmeter is insensitive. So, the mass flowmeter has no requirements of a straight pipe.
- The measurement in the mass flowmeter doesn’t get the effect of the characteristics of the medium.
- You can measure different parameters like density, viscosity, temperature, and concentration of the solute in the solution through the mass flowmeter.
- It is easy to install a mass flowmeter.
- The mass flowmeter has less leakage potential.
- The mass flowmeter delivers high accuracy measurement.
What are the specifications of the mass flowmeter?
|Flowing medium in mass flowmeter||Liquid, solid, gas, or mixture of two phases of the fluid|
|Accuracy of the flow in mass flowmeter||0.1% to 0.2% flow|
|Accuracy of the density in mass flowmeter||0.001 g/cm3, 0.002g/cm3|
|Repeatability in mass flowmeter||0.10% , 0.05%|
|Operating pressure in mass flowmeter||0-32 MPa|
|The temperature of the medium in the mass flowmeter||-50 degrees Celsius to 350 degrees Celsius|
|The temperature of the environment in mass flowmeter||· -20 degrees Celsius to 70 degrees Celsius (for the transmitters) |
· -40 degrees Celsius to 150 degrees Celsius (for the sensors)
|Power supply voltage in mass flowmeter||24V DC|
|Material of measuring tube in mass flowmeter||316L Stainless steel or Hastelloy alloy C|
|Response time||Adjustable, 0.1 seconds to 5 seconds|
|Output signal||· 4-20mA current flow of the signal with the resistance of fewer than 500 ohms |
· 0-10KHz, frequency signal for the instant flow
· Hart protocol
· RS485 communication protocol
|Size of the mass flowmeter||3mm to 150mm|
|Range ability of mass flowmeter||20:1|
|Output pulse in mass flowmeter||4mA-20mA|
|Range of the flow in mass flowmeter||0-600 tons/hr|
What are the main advantages of using a mass flowmeter?
- You can measure the mass flow directly from the mass flowmeter through the accuracy of high measurement.
- The range is high for measuring the fluids by the mass flowmeter. It includes fluids with high viscosity, two-phase fluids(solid-liquid), liquid-gas that contain traces of the gases, medium and high pressure of the gases with suitable density.
- The non-uniformity in the velocity of the fluid distribution due to upstream and low stream doesn’t affect the flow sensor’s working. Mostly, there is no requirement for straight pipelines during the installation of the sensor.
- There is no effect on the measuring fluid by the changes in the viscosity of the fluid.
- The changes in the density of the fluid can cause some effect on the measuring fluid.
- More than one output in mass flowmeter instantly has mass flow, density, and temperature of the fluid and other signals. The mass flowmeter also has digital ports for inputs outputs. Even some models of a mass flowmeter can control the batch functionalities.
- The flow measurement in the mass flowmeter is bi-directional.
- The mass flowmeter is reliable enough and delivers accurate measurement of high viscous liquids as an outcome.
- The mass flowmeter needs minimum technical services.
What is the difference between a mass flowmeter and a volumetric flowmeter?
Mass flowmeter: The mass flowmeter measures the amount of the mass of the substance passing through the device for a particular time. Different kinds of devices measure mass flow rates, such as Coriolis mass flowmeter and thermal mass flowmeter. The mass flowmeter uses sensing technology when the fluid enters the device. The mass flow sensor is directly in relation to the characteristic of the gas being measure.
Volumetric flowmeter: The volume flowmeter measures the volume by the operation of the turbine wheel concept. The turbine wheel’s rotation speed is directly concerning the volumetric rate of the flow—the pulse rate increases with the speed of the spinning wheel. Some devices measure volumetric flow rates such as turbine flowmeters, vortex meters, and position displacement flow meters.
What are the parts of the mass flowmeter?
Following are the general parts of the mass flowmeter:
1. Tube: It is the zone where the measurements take place. The shape of the tube is U. you can use both tubes to bring better sensitivity in the flow. The flow splitter is also present in the tube. Its purpose is half the actual flow in each tube.
2. Sensors: The place of the sensor is inside and outside of the tube. It keeps recording the changes in the oscillations happening at the inlet and outlet of the system.
3. Oscillation drive: The purpose of an oscillation drive is to vibrate the tube at a constant frequency. The famous method is using coils and magnets. The oscillation makes the magnetic fields.
4. Transducer: The transducer helps in collecting the signals after the measurement. It keeps converting the signals into digital or analog data. You can view the results on display or proceed them further to the controlling systems. There is always a possibility of installing extra counters for accumulating and structure results.
What is the working principle of a mass flowmeter?
There are three types of mass flowmeter whose working principles are as follows:
- Coriolis mass flowmeter: The flow gets guidance into the U-shape tube. Whenever an oscillation excitation force is applied on the tube, causing the tube to vibrate, the fluid flowing in the tube induces a rotation or twists the tube due to the Coriolis acceleration working in the opposite direction on the other side of the applying force. The twist results in the phase difference between the sides of the inlet and outlet. The difference in the phase directly gets an impact by the mass passing through the tube. The main feature of the Coriolis mass flowmeter is that it measures the mass flow rate directly.
- Thermal mass flowmeter: The primary purpose of designing a thermal mass flowmeter is to monitor and measure the mass flow of clean gases accurately. This parameter doesn’t depend on the temperature. There is no need for correctness in the thermal mass flowmeter for changing the gas’s viscosity, density, and temperature. It works on the principle of thermal dispersion, where the fluid absorbs the rate of heat flowing in the pipe. Mass flow is directly proportional to it.
- Vortex mass flowmeter: In the vortex mass flowmeter, the fluid flowing with the particular velocity and passing a fixed obstruction is the source of generating vortices. The stretching wire vibrating in the airflow is directly proportional to the velocity of the air. St=f*d/V0 (without dimension). St=Strouhal’s number, f-frequency of the wire, d=diameter of the wire, and V0=velocity. This phenomenon is known as vortex shedding. The vortex shedding frequency has linear functionality with the velocity and frequency of the fluid that depends on the face width and shape of the bluff body. The width of the obstruction and internal diameter of the pipe is constant. The frequency by the following expression: f=(St*V)/c*D. f= frequency of the vortex, St=number of Strouhal, V=velocity of the fluid in the shedder bar, D=internal diameter of the pipe, c=constant ratio (ratio d/D), and d= face width of the shedder bar.
How to install a mass flowmeter?
The primary purpose of installing a mass flowmeter is to measure the fluid accurately. The direction of the mounting is dependent on the type of the medium.
- For measuring liquid: The better position of the mass flowmeter is to put in curve sections. Through this position, the excess air and gas can discharge from the mass flowmeter. Always avoid mounting mass flowmeter in the downward direction of the pipe. It causes the siphoning effect that increases the errors in the measurement.
- For gas or steam: put the pipes to remove the excess water and condensation existing in the tubes. Never install the mass flowmeter at the highest level of the pipeline. At this point, the air or gas can become a hurdle by delivering the fluid’s accurate measurement.
- Flag-kind of installation in the vertical direction: It is suitable for both mixed and dual-phase substances. This installation is appropriate for the suspension liquids with the low-flow. The flow direction must be from the bottom to the top and perpendicular towards the horizon. Before starting the installation process of the mass flowmeter, you must go through the manual and datasheet that you can take from the manufacturer of the mass flowmeter.
What are the applications of a mass flowmeter?
It is safe to use a mass flowmeter where the fluid’s viscosity remains consistent, and there is no change in temperature. Compressing the gases might cause problems, but dispensing and handling the liquids is more accessible in a mass flowmeter. The mass flowmeter is suitable for both liquids and gases. Mostly, you can use a mass flowmeter to measure the gas in semi-conductor processes, monitor the air in the nuclear power facility, process the chemicals, and detect the leakage and filtration.
Following are the applications of mass flowmeter:
- Gas chromatography during the analysis in the laboratory
- In processing the paper and pulp
- Oil and petroleum industries
- Handling of the wastewater
- The usage of the mass flow meter is mostly in scientific applications where the mass flowmeter measures corrosive and clean gases/liquids.
What are the essential factors that affect the accuracy of a mass flowmeter?
Three main factors affect the accuracy of the mass flowmeter. First is the measurement that is inferring from the pressure and temperature. It causes errors in the outcome. Second is the assumptions regarding the viscosity and degree of the flow. The turbulence effects existing in the flow misleads the measurements of pressure. The third and most essential factor is wearing the orifice as it becomes more prominent with time. It reduces the pressure drop. It depends on the fluid flowing in the mass flowmeter, and there is a risk of partial blockage.
While using the mass flowmeter, the following considerations are essential that has an impact on the mass flowmeter:
- There can be moisture condensing on the temperature detector. The saturated gases can produce moisture that results in inaccurate readings.
- Sometimes the low readings transfer heat impeding by the accumulating of the residue present on the sensor.
- In specific situations, mass flowmeter needs little time to ready the state of working temperature. Never take readings whenever the mass flowmeter is powering up.
The design of a mass flowmeter by BCST is to measure the mass existing in the process. There is a variety of mass flowmeters available at our company, and you can choose and order according to the requirements of your applications.
BCST is the one-step supplier and solution provider for your mass flowmeter, which measures different liquids such as stream, biogas, compressed air, carbon dioxide, LPG, LNG, and much more. You can place an order from BCST official website. The most demanding mass flowmeter is Coriolis mass flowmeter. Our team will make you available to assist you in the best possible. We are also available on WhatsApp and Skype to stay in touch with our valuable customers. Order the mass flowmeter now and get it to deliver to your place.