BCST has 20 years of experience in turbine flowmeter manufacturing, there are SIL2, CE, explosion-proof for our turbine flowmeter. Welcome to contact us for inquiry .
- Compact stainless steel design and simple structure.
- Has a wide variety of measurement ranges.
- Strong anti-magnetic and anti-vibration capability.
- Reliable performance and long service life.
- High-quality bearings, reliable measurement variables
Orignal Turbine Flowmeter Manufacturer in China
BCST turbine flowmeter is a kind of volume measurement type flowmeter.BCST turbine flow meter has its own unique structure with excellent performance.
BCST turbine flow meter is the ideal solution to measure liquid and gas recently. BCST is a specialized manufacturer of turbine flow meters in China. You will get the most professional service from us. BCST will choose the most appropriate model for you. You can also send us your parameters and requirements.
If you purchase from us, you can find our delivery time is very fast, as there is complete stock for each spare part of turbine flowmeter. BCST turbine flow meter adopted advanced microcomputer technology. It consumes less power and performs better. We will make custom-made based on them.
Welcome to contact us for inquiry.
One Step Turbine Flowmeter Solution
Thread connection BCST liquid turbine flow meter is mainly used for small diameter connections. And the measuring size is DN4-DN40. Mainly applicable to measure the volume flow and cumulative volume of low viscosity, non-corrosive, clean liquids in closed pipes.
One-step Turbine Flowmeter Solution from China
BCST turbine flow meter has a widespread value in use. You can apply it in petroleum, chemical, metallurgy, city gas network, and other industries. You also can use it in the food industry like sugar mills.
BCST turbine flow meters have high-quality bearings. It reduces wear significantly and is not sensitive to peaks. It can provide reliable measurement variables even under harsh conditions.
Hot Sales Turbine Flowmeter
Why Purchase Turbine Flowmeter from BCST
BCST turbine flowmeter has the advantage of simple structure, high accuracy, good repetitiveness, fast response, and convenient maintenance.
BCST Liquid turbine flowmeter is widely applied for liquid without corrosion to stainless steel, Al2O3, or hard alloy, the liquid should be without fiber or particle and kinematic viscosity less than 50×10-6m2/s.
BCST gas turbine flowmeter is suitable for gas measurement, especially for natural gas application. It features high accuracy, good stability.
Turbine Flowmeter- A Complete FAQ Guide
BSCT is a renowned organization manufacturing high-quality flowmeters, including turbine flow meters, for many years. It is mainly used for gases and liquids. All the processes are carried by our qualified and expert teammates who work hard to fulfill your requirements. The customized calibration of the turbine flowmeter is also available.
Below are the answers to the questions which the user wants to know while placing the quote of turbine flowmeter:
What is a turbine flowmeter?
The turbine flowmeter is the type of flowmeter which has a turbine for the measurement of fluid. Firstly, it converts the rate of the flow into the speed of the turbine. Later, the speed further changes into the electrical signals, which directly relate to the flow. This flowmeter has a rotor which is the rotating device with the blades. The movement of the fluid passes through the blade of the pipe. It helps in detecting the instant flows and adjust the whole flow. The structure of the turbine flowmeter is simple, and maintenance is easy. It is mainly used for liquid and gas.
What are the types of turbine flowmeters?
- Liquid Turbine flowmeter with pulse output: this flowmeter is mainly used for measuring the liquid. It doesn’t cause corrosion to the parts of the turbine flowmeter that are made up of stainless steel or any other alloy. The receiving output is in the form of pulse frequency and has a connection with the PC.
- Turbine gas flowmeter: it is commonly used primarily for measuring the gas. This turbine flowmeter also helps in recycling oil and gas. The consumption of the power is low and handles high performances safely.
- Liquid turbine flowmeter: it is used for highly accurate results and provides a measurement of flowing fluids. The resolution power of the signals is strong enough. The overall structure of the liquid turbine flow meter is compact.
What are the advantages of turbine flowmeter?
- The rate of accuracy is high in the turbine flowmeter
- The range for measuring temperature is high that is from -450 to 6000-degree Fahrenheit
- turbine flowmeter is capable of handling high pressure: 6000 psi
- It also measures non-conductive liquids
- It can heat the measuring devices
- the turbine flow meter is suitable for situations where the rate of the flow is low
- the process of installation and maintenance is easy
- Helps in maintaining the high flow rates
- It is designed in such a way that the flow rate increases and decreases the pressure drop.
- This flowmeter is an economical one
What are the features of the turbine flowmeter?
- The readability is good enough that helps in delivering accurate results
- The output pulse frequency signals as no zero drift, and there is no interference
- The frequency of the signals is high, and the resolution of the signals is strong
- Overall, the structure of the turbine flowmeter is light-weighted, and maintenance is easy. It is capable of handling large circulations.
- It is appropriate for measuring high pressure. No holes are found in the body of the meter and can convert into the high-pressure meter.
- It can calibrate for large measurements, and pressure loss is less. Furthermore, you can do this process repeatedly.
What is the working principle of a turbine flowmeter?
The turbine flowmeter is the speed kind of flowmeter based on the principle of balancing the torque. The fluid is flowing through the top of the sensor. Because the blades make a particular angle of rotation to make the fluid flow. The impulses in the fluid rotate to create the rotational torque. After overcoming the friction and resistance of the fluid, the blades start to turn. After balancing the torque, the speed is stable. Under some specific conditions, the speed is in direct relation with the flow rate. There is induction of electrical signals at both ends of the coil.
Who are the manufacturers of turbine flowmeters?
Turbine flowmeter is manufactured by many countries, including United Kingdom, Japan, Germany, United States, and China. BSCT is the manufacturer and dealing with a variety of instruments located in China. The turbine flowmeter is among the measuring instruments. We have different turbine flowmeters: turbine gas flowmeter, liquid flowmeter, and liquid turbine flowmeter with pulse output. It consists of stainless steel to prevent its parts from corrosion. We are specialized in the area of research and handling many instruments. The customization feature is also available according to your applications. We give all the details regarding our all products.
What are the essential parts of the turbine flowmeter?
The parts of the turbine flowmeter are as follows:
- Turbine housing: it consists of a turbine rotor, bearings, and shafts. These all are made up of stainless steel. But the water services use turbine flowmeter are made up of cast iron.
- Pickup sensor: its primary purpose is for detecting the movement of the turbine. There is a coil of wire near the magnet. The magnetic flux on the center of the coil rises or decreases as it passes through the turbine’s blade. It is the frequency that is representing the velocity of the fluid.
- Turbine rotor: The rotor is on the shaft from where the liquid passes in the turbine flowmeter. The selection of the rotor’s material is essential as it matches the process of the fluid.
What are the applications of turbine flowmeters?
Some industries are using turbine flowmeters which are as follows:
- In the oil and gas industry: For injecting water and chemical in pipelines of the natural gas, disposing the wells, and testing and producing the separators.
- In pharmaceutical industry: for coating the pill and measurement of sanitary.
- In the aerospace industry: for testing the engine, measuring the fuel flow, monitoring the supply of fuel to the ship’s engines. The reverse of the osmosis systems on the shipboard.
- Cryogenics: for measuring the liquids in the plant applications and delivers of the truck
- In power generation industry: for transferring the custody
What are the factors affecting the accuracy of the turbine flowmeter?
Below are the reasons which affect the accuracy while using the turbine flowmeter:
- Sometimes, there are impurities in the fluid which disturb the moving parts and decrease the rotation speed. As a result, it raises the resistance in the movement and drops the displaying value. The negative error appears on the flowmeter.
- When the pressure and temperature of the fluid change, the air in the pipeline escapes, and the pressure in the pipe are low. The gases flowing in the liquid increase the value. It is not suitable according to the requirements of the fluid.
- Severe surroundings like high temperature, dusty weather, or humidity can be the reason for the malfunctioning of the turbine flow sensor.
How to calibrate turbine flowmeter?
Calibration is standardizing the measuring instrument by deviating from the standard one. The flowmeters require calibration periodically. The process of calibrating is through the usage of the flow rates. The accuracy rate of every instrument is different; you need to consider the changes in temperature and fluid. All the factors have to be in range for the correct readings. The turbine flowmeter is calibrated similarly to the kinematic viscosity depending on the type of the service. It works smoothly for two states of fluids that are liquid and gas. You can also use the turbine flow meter as a master meter.
What are the installation guidelines for turbine flowmeters?
- First, check the flowmeter is clean and free from impurities, so it rotates easily.
- Install the flowmeter in a way that the direction of the flow is towards the flowing of the fluid
- Filter out the fluid in the turbine flowmeter so you can measure without any interruptions.
- While installing the connections of pipes, do check the upstream and downstream of the pipe’s location.
- 20 diameters should be the minimum straight upstream, and 5 diameters should be the minimum straight run downstream.
- If the diameter of the straight run upstream is more than 25 diameters, then include the extra straight run on the upstream at the meter’s position.
What are the limitations of turbine flowmeters?
- The internal parts are consist of stainless steel. If the fluid is not compatible with these parts, you will receive incorrect readings on the turbine flowmeter. Communicate with the manufacturer regarding the compatibility of the fluid with the materials used in the turbine flowmeter.
- Heavy pulsation in the fluid harms the accuracy. It also reduces the lifespan of the flowmeter.
- Most of the vibrations can reduce the working duration of the turbine flowmeter.
- As the recommendation, install the strainer or filter upstream of the flowmeter. The particles passing through can damage the components. It becomes a hurdle in the process.
What are the troubleshooting issues faced by the turbine flowmeter?
- Indication of higher or lower flow rate in the turbine flowmeter than actual one. It can be due to the presence of air in the fluid. The low flow rate can be due to the leakage in the pipe of the flowing fluid.
- The turbine flowmeter is showing the flowing fluid even when the system is off. It is because of vibration or some leakage in the pipe.
- Sign of no flowing fluid on the turbine flowmeter even though the fluid is flowing. There might be some damage to the internal parts at the beginning of the process. Or the actual rate of the flow is below the range of the turbine flowmeter.
What is the turndown ratio of the turbine flowmeter?
The turndown ratio indicates the flow range and how much the turbine flowmeter can measure the flow rate. You can call it rangeability as well. It plays a vital role during the selection of turbine flowmeters for your particular applications. The expected range for the gas flow is between 100,000 m3 and 1000,000 m3 for a single day. So, the minimum turndown ratio of the turbine flowmeter is 10:1. The turndown ratio is the same for both gases and liquids. But, make sure to confirm these from the manufacturer of the turbine flowmeter as it can be different.
What is the difference between a turbine flowmeter and a vortex flowmeter?
- The turbine flowmeter helps measure various objects like organic liquid, natural gas, liquified gas, and others. The whole structure of this flowmeter is simple, lighter weight, and requires less maintenance. It is capable of handling large flows and can adapt to high temperatures and pressure. The turbine flowmeter uses the rotor with 2 blades to measure the fluid’s flow rate.
- Vortex flowmeters are mainly used for measuring fluid running in the pipe of the industries, like gas, vapor, or liquid. It is affected by fluid density, pressure, temperature, and other factors while working under particular conditions. There are no moveable parts in Vortex flowmeters.
What is the k-factor in a turbine flowmeter?
The turbine flowmeter helps measure the volumetric flow, and the pulses production depends on the meter. The K-factor describes these variations. The K-factor is the pulses counting per unit volume. It depends on the size and kind of the turbine flowmeter. During the manufacturing process, the K-factor changes even the two models are the same. Therefore, you can only apply K-factor on the fluid for which the turbine flowmeter calibration is done. Below, the curve is the explaining the relationship between the turbine flowmeter and K-factor. The graph shows the flow at the minimum rate and moving towards linearity of -0.25 to +0.25 is 100litres/min.
What is a battery-powered turbine flowmeter?
The battery-operated turbine flowmeter is suitable for water and irrigation applications. It is economical and long-lasting. It also has a display of low-profile. The rate of the flow is from 1 to 1600 gallons every minute. Below are the benefits of using a battery-operated turbine flowmeter:
- The process of installation is simple.
- Displays the measurement in liters, gallons, and cubic feet
- Shows the batches, flow rate and calculate totals
- The totals are non-volatile, which means the amounts are reserved even when the batteries are change or any loss of the power
- The life of an alkaline battery is 2 years
How does a turbine flowmeter work for diesel fuel?
The turbine flowmeter provides the correct measurement in consuming diesel fuel. It is used in a variety of industrial applications. The end-users utilize these turbine flowmeters to monitor the fuel consumption in marine, automotive, aerospace, and power generating industries. For example, the companies of mining are using diesel generators for their processes. They also need the proper monitoring of the diesel usage, which helps increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the generators. It also handles the extreme temperature during the installation process. In case of malfunctioning, the turbine flowmeter helps supply the fuel to the generator without any power interference.
What is an insertion-type turbine flowmeter?
You can use the insertion type turbine flowmeter for measuring the flow of pipes with large diameters. It is specially designed for accuracy and cost-effective outcomes. It uses the electrical turbine rotation, which is sensing the system. This turbine flowmeter processes the measurement of the flow for steam and gases. It is a reliable solution for managing the liquid with high temperatures. Various flowmeters are available for environmental conditions like adjustable, fixed, two-directions, and high pressure. It is all according to the applications. The insertion turbine flowmeter is particular for those users who know its usage and can maintain the technology.
What are the specifications of the turbine flowmeter?
|Material of the instrument||Stainless steel|
|Turndown ratio||1:10, 1:15, 1:20|
|Temperature for measuring the medium||-20 to 100 degrees Celsius|
|Conditions of the environment||Temperature: -10 to 55 degrees Celsius, humidity: 5% to 90% and atmospheric pressure: 86-106Kpa|
|Output Signal||Sensor: Pulse frequency signal, a low level less than 0.8V and a high level greater than 0.8V
Transmitter: two-wire 4-20 mA DC signal
|Power supply||Sensor: 12V to 24V as an option
Transmitter: 24V DC
Display onsite: the meter is with the battery of lithium 3.2V
|Transmission lines of the signal||Two-wire and three-wire system|
|Distance for the transmission||Less than 1000m|
|Interference of the signal lines||The primary type is the connector of Hessman, explosion-proof type: ExdIIBT6|
What is the equation of turbine flowmeter?
In the flow of a certain range, the frequency of the pulse f is directly proportional to the instantaneous rate of the flow Q of the flowing fluid through the sensor. The equation of the turbine flowmeter is:
Q=3600 x f/k
In the formula:
f—frequency of the pulse measured in Hz
k—is the coefficient of the meter (1/m) of the sensor provided in the checklist, and [1/L] is the considered unit
Q= 3.6 x f/kQ—is the instant flow of the fluid when it is working
3600—is the factor for the conversion purpose
The coefficient of every sensor in the instrument is already present in the verification certificate of the manufacturer.
How does the turbine flowmeter work?
The working of a turbine flowmeter is effortless while comparing with other types of flowmeters. There is a mechanical movement in the flowmeter for measuring the flow rate. It also has a rotor
along with the blades. It helps in supporting the meter through the shaft at the center. When the fluid is flowing in the turbine flowmeter, the kinetic energy spins the rotor. The blades consist of magnetic materials, and the place of the pick-off is outwards, which creates a magnetic field in the pipe without any contact with the flow. It provides the voltage directly proportional to the rotating velocity. Now, you can calculate the flow rate.
What is the theory of operation of turbine flowmeter?
The turbine flowmeter is using for measuring the total volume of the flow rate. It works on simple principles. As the fluid starts to flow through the turbine flowmeter, it is interrupted through the turbine’s blades. As a result, it rotates completely on the axis with the centerline placed on the turbine. The rotating velocity of the turbine’s blade directly relates to the velocity of fluid flowing in the turbine. The output, as a result, receives an electrical pick-off and finds it on the body of the flowmeter. Further, it changes the speed of the turbine into the pulses.
What is a turbine flowmeter with pulse output?
The turbine flowmeter with the pulse output expresses the flow in the form of pulses. The turbine is in the middle of the pipeline, and both of the ends are held by the bearings. The fluid is passing in the pipeline, which affects the blades of the turbine. In addition, the moving torque generates in the turbine affects the friction, and fluid is resistant to generating the rotation. The signal output is in the form of a pulse signal or can be current in the range of 4-20 mA. These signals are flowing instantly, and increased signals are received at the output.
What is in the datasheet of the turbine flowmeter?
The datasheet of an industrial turbine flowmeter is:
|Linear accuracy||0.5% over 10:1 range|
|Repeatability||0.1% of the readings|
|Response time||50 milliseconds for 50% in the change of the step in the flowrate|
|Output signals||Sinusoidal pulse-50mV-800mV peak changes with the rate of the flow|
|Operating pressure||The operating pressure is dependent on the design of the couplings at the end|
|Pressure drop||0.2-0.5 bar, which is dependent on the size of the meter|
|Range of the flow||10:1 is the standard
The broader ranges are possible
|Temperature||The minimum temperature is -30 degrees
The maximum temperature is 150 degrees of the standard coils
400 degrees is for some unique designs
|Distance for transmission||The maximum is 500 meters without any installed amplifiers and low noise surroundings.|
|Attitude for mounting||Horizontal, vertical, or inclined only if the flow is in an upward direction|
BSCT is an expert in manufacturing a variety of flowmeters. We use high-quality materials, so there is no hurdle in your process or any disturbance in the application. You can contact on our given number anytime for any issue or query about turbine flowmeter. Also, drop an email at: email@example.com. We are always ready to serve you.