- Simple construction
- No power is required for continuous operation
- Easy to read display
- High Accurate 4mm
- Easy Installation and Free Maintenance
- Suitable for wide range and large tank
BCST your Expert Float and Tape Level Gauges Supplier from China
BCST float tape level gauge is a mechanical gauge that gives higher accuracy. it’s largely employed in refineries, oil depots, chemical and fertilizer industries. Float tape level gauge is beneficial for medium and huge size empty tanks with corrosive and aggressive acids and liquids with fumes.
Float and tape level gauge is additionally referred to as “automatic tank gauges”. This method works by employing a large float inside the tank attached to a negator spring via perforated tape. The constant tension, which balances the float on the liquid. It suits standard, moderate, severe, and extreme temperatures, pressures, or aggressive products.
With BCST’s maintenance and repair programs, an authorized professional team ensures that BCST float tape level gauges at your facility maintain their peak performance year after year.
The BCST float and tape level gauge was developed to make sure reliable monitoring of the system. Tracked and 100% tested by Quality Assurance to make sure of flexible operation. For inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Expert for Float and Tape Level Gauges Solution from China
BCST your One-Stop Float and Tape Level Gauge Solution from China
BCST is the leading reliable and stable Float and Tape Level Gauge manufacturers in China. If you’re attempting to find an experienced manufacturer for your next project, with strong technical background, professional team, and budget-friendly products, BCST is your best-suited choice.
BCST can provide different products to support customers’ requests. From packaging to delivery, you’ll receive BCST’s most detailed service.
BCST’s technical team will provide you with professional guidance during usage or installation. With ATEX, ISO, SIL2, RoHS, and CNEX, BCST will provide you with high-quality Float and Tape Level Gauge at a competitive price.
Drop us an email for your inquiry now!
Other Related Level Gauge
Why Purchase Float and Tape type Level Gauge from BCST
Float and tape type-level gauge-FAQ
BCST is the top manufacturers and exporter of a variety of level gauges. It includes float and tape type gauge whose manufacturing is for delivering precision results. The whole team of BCST uses high-quality raw materials to manufacture the float and tape type level gauge. The industries always appreciate the float and tape type level gauge by BCST for its corrosion, durability, and high strength.
What are float and tape type level gauges, and how does it work?
The float and tape type level gauge are famous for its reliability and delivers the correct level of indication continuously for all the mediums. Float and tape type level gauge is suitable for transferring the custody of the liquids in inventory management. This gauge has a float whose attachment is with the stainless-steel tape. Another end is on the drum (for storage), with the pulley carrying the spring constantly at the closing. The float keeps following the level of the liquid and stainless-steel twirls on the pulley. Its rotation transfers towards the pointer by the gear mechanism. It shows the correct level of the liquid on the dial. The float and tape type gauge availability is in stainless steel material and available with a guidewire to stop the movement of the float existing in the tank in the horizontal direction. The maximum temperature appropriate for float and tape type gauge is 120 degrees Celsius.
What are the features of float and tape type level gauges?
- The float and tape type gauge is applicable mainly in remote areas where the power supply is unavailable.
- The float and tape type gauge design is straightforward with fewer parts. You can even easily and quickly access all of them.
- You can mount the float and tape type level gauge from the side and top of the tank.
- Select the float and tape type level gauge for rooftop whether they are floating or fixed ones
- The local counter in the float and tape type gauge has digital readability.
- The accuracy rate of float and tape type level gauge is high
- The system of float and tape type level gauge is balanced well. That’s why it increases the sensitivity.
- The provision is for the switches and 4-20 mA output in float and tape type gauge.
What is the principle of operation of float and tape type level gauge?
The float and tape type gauge is the float actuating tape driving by the gauge. A digital counter in the float and tape type level gauge shows the float is traveling correctly. The spring motor drum is in the float and tape type level gauge and stainless-steel spring that constantly supplies the power. The float and tape type gauge consists of stainless-steel tape, and the load distribution is perfect. This is because the bushing of the Teflon keeps rotating on the shafts that are the polish of stainless steel. A digital counter also displays the black figures on the white background of the float and tape type level gauge. You can also add reading remotely through the transmitter fix in the cover of the counter housing.
What are the specifications of float and tape type level gauges?
|Body and cover||Cast Aluminium|
|Counter housing||Cast Aluminium|
|Constant power in the spring||Spring steel or stainless steel|
|Perforated tape||Stainless steel 316 or 304|
|Sprocket wheel||Cast Aluminium|
|Tape reel||PP or cast Aluminium|
|Float||Stainless steel 304 or 316|
|Range of pressure||15 psi|
|Range of temperature||80 degrees Celsius|
|Measuring range||25 meters|
|Bracket for the support||Mild steel|
|Anchor bar||Stainless steel 304 or 316|
|Guidewire spring assembly||Mild steel|
|Guidewire rope||Stainless steel 316 or 304|
|Pulley housing||Cast Aluminium|
|Pulley||Cast Aluminium/PVC/stainless steel|
|Transmitter||4-20mA, two-wire or four-wire|
|Switches||Two nos. (LO and HI), 5A at 230V AC|
|Types of float and tape type level gauge||· Guided type
· Unguided type
|Mounting of float and tape type level gauge||On the top|
What is the purpose of using float and tape type level gauge in a crude oil tank?
The float and tape type level gauge are among the measuring instrument with the help of the level gauge. It helps connect with the transmitters of different industries, including power, chemical, petroleum, protection from the environment, metallurgy, and food processing. The float and tape type level gauge converts the changes in the container’s liquid into switching signals, analog signals, or electric pulse signals. Its transmission is towards the remote controlling or computer room for displaying and processing the data. Four different models are available whose scope is different, but the purpose is the same.
- JC-UZG100àthe tank is cylindrical along the roof in cone or arch shape
- JC- UZG101àfloating roof tank
- JC- UZG103àfor the tank that is underground or on the top
- JC- UZG104àseparate the container from the instrument with the help of sealing procedure if the measuring medium is corrosive or volatile gases
- JC- UZG106àcomplete connection with the bolts and not including the welding during the installation at the field.
What are the float and tape type level gauge parts and usage?
- Tank gauge transmitter: This is fixed at the gauge’s backside and engages directly for coupling.
- Negator cassette: make the processing of negator simpler. It helps improve and replace
Float and tape-type gauges working.
- Guidewires: You can install these whenever you want to service the float and tape type level gauge with the help of weighing anchors. The guidewires stop the movement of the float horizontally as it follows the status of the product.
- 2500 ATG: It gets approved by FM and ATEX for the corrosive surroundings
- Different shapes and sizes: There is an availability of varying float and tape type level gauges and hollow shells. It is dependent on the kind of applications.
- Checking knob: It helps and assures the technician that the float and tape type level gauge is
- Driven display: The driven show is through the drive directly. Its manufacturing is from the brushings of brass, so that float and tape type gauge operates smoothly
- Large display: There is a large float and tape type level gauge to read quickly and present imperial or metric units.
- Double entries: Two entries in diecast housing permit the 2500 ATG to mount on the side of the tank or its roof.
What are the advantages of using float and tape type level gauge?
- The cost of float and tape type level gauge is low and measures continuously for approximately 0.2 inches accuracy level.
- The float and tape type level gauge fulfills the regulations for controlling the inventory applications.
- There is no need for power to make the float and tape type level gauge work always
- float and tape type level gauge has received approval from ATEX so that you can use it in risky areas
- You can easily read the float and tape type level gauge display readings and are available in fractions or decimals.
- The addition of a negator cassette is possible in float and tape type gauge as an option to reduce maintenance costs and increase safety.
What are the features of float and tape type level gauges?
- The accuracy rate of float and tape type level gauge is approximate 0.2 (4mm)
- The range of specific gravity is 0.7-1.9g/cc (700-1900 kg/meter cubic)
- In float and tape type level gauge, atmospheric pressure is 2.5PSI for Aluminium and 14.9 for casting iron
- The standard float and tape type gauge range is 0-60 feet, and the extended one is 0-96 feet.
- The suitable temperature for float and tape type level gauge is -40 Fahrenheit-185 Fahrenheit (-40 degrees Celsius-85 degrees Celsius)
- You can mount a transmitter or limit switch in the float and tape type level gauge as an option.
- 2520 ATG version of float and tape type level gauge is available to handle high pressure. It includes -150, 220, or 300 PSI
- float and tape type level gauge are available according to the good applications such as standard, stilling, or interface.
Which type of product is suitable for float and tape type level gauge?
Because of the measuring technique of float and tape, below are some of the products that are suitable for measuring the level from float and tape type level gauge:
- jet fuel
- aviation gas (it is the gas with high octane, especially for small size aircraft)
What are the guidelines for maintaining float and tape type level gauges?
You need to periodically check the float and tape type level gauge’s performance so it is in working condition on the site. The lifespan of the parts of float and tape type level gauge depends on the tank’s environmental conditions and level variation.
Following are those items that you must check occasionally:
|Sprocket wheel moving freely||When you open the cover of float and tape type level gauge, check every drum for the carrying condition and freely moving.|
|Drops of the water present on the indicator glass||Check the cover of the indicator is tight correctly and examine as well that no foreign materials are present in the packings.|
|Dealing of the liquid||After installing sealing for the liquid, you need to maintain the liquid level of paraffin.|
|Adjust the liquid in the head of the float and tape type level gauge||Open the drain plug at the bottom of the float and tape the type level gauge‘s head. Drain out the whole liquid, and you need to replace the plug.|
What are the troubleshooting issues and solutions in float and tape type gauge?
|Troubleshooting issue||Reason for the issue||A solution to resolve the issue|
|The indicator keeps displaying the reading constantly||· breaking of the measuring tape and spring token
· jamming of the checker
· Incorrect settings of the sprocket or improper engagement of the tape
· Submerging of the float and tape type level gauge
|· Opening of the tank and Replacement of the tape and float
· When you open the rear cover of the float and tape type level gauge head, you need to repair or exchange the checker parts.
· Change the gear set of the indicator
|Existence of deviation in the readings from the measuring level||· Disturbance in the settings||· Impact of the unprofessional trainer on the measurement of the gauging tape
· Incorrect setting of the measurement scale
· Accumulating the sludge
|Indication keep changing at a frequent level||· Loosing of the guidewire
· The pointer of the indicator loosens
· The setting of the tape is improper
· Measuring tape gets a twist
|· Replacement of spring motor
· Opening of the tank and stretching the guidewire again
· Please keep checking the nut of the pointer after detaching the cover of the indicator and tightening it properly.
· When you remove the sheave elbow cover, pull it out and check the measuring tape. You need to repair in particular conditions or replace it.
|The checker is not working||· Loosing the screw of the spring holder and checker knob
· Deformation of the spring
· Tight all the set of the screws
· Change the spring that is with the holder
What are the installation guidelines for the float and tape type level gauge?
Installation of floating roof tank:
- Forward the end of the measuring tape in the floating head and tape type level gauge by the sheave elbow. Its location precisely on the top of float and tape type level gauge‘s head and forward the end of measuring wire in the tank. Join the looping end of the measuring tape with the drum of tape to tighten the screw.
- Keep pulling the measuring wire inside the tank, so there is the ring in a triangular shape whose connection is with the wire and elbow. It should be 150mm under the elbow of the sheave and cut down the measuring wire. You must make sure that it is more than 1.5M from the bottom of the tank.
- Place the float between the guiding rods so you can freely move it up and down. Then, fasten the float with the measuring wire.
Installation of the present tank:
- Whenever the fluid is in the tank, there is no possibility of welding. Therefore, you can anchor weight with the bottom of the anchor.
- Tighten one side of the guiding wire to the anchor’s weight along with the bolt and nut. Pass the other end with the guide ring of the float and fix with the top of the ring temporarily.
- The connection of one side of the measuring tape is with the float, and the other end is anywhere at the temporary location. It stops the tape from falling inside the tank while lowering the anchor.
- Move the bottom of the anchor downwards with the float and pass through the maintenance hole up towards the tank. Slowly release all the measuring tape and guiding wire.
- Fix the cover of the manhole on its position and keep pulling the guidewire. So, you can lift the anchor approximately 25mm from the surface.
How to set the indicator in float and tape type level gauge?
- Measurement of the level: Using the standard float and tape type level gauge, you need to measure the liquid twice or thrice to receive an average value. Then you can determine the readings on the counter or set indicator. Certify your float and tape type level gauge to obtain reliable and correct measurements.
- Adjusting the indicator: (dial and pointer type) whenever you remove the cover of the indicator from the head of the float and tape type level gauge, do loosen the nuts. This is because the more extended pointer keeps moving freely, and the shorter pointer can move quickly whenever it gets pulled in the outward direction.
- First, you need to set the shorter pointer on the division of the inner scale. It is adjacent to the lower two digits of the liquid level.
- It is now setting the more extended pointer at the division corresponding to the higher value digits by adding the two lower ones.
- Procedure for reading the indicator:
- It will help if you read a more extended pointer that shows the readings in the meter. Every division is equivalent to 100mm.
- The readings of the shorter pointer are in millimeters.
- Add up both the readings.
What are the limitations of float and tape type level gauges?
The common issue with the float and tape type level gauge is the hanging of the tap upside. This happens when the long guiding pipes are imperfect vertical direction wherever the taps are rubbing against in the pipes. One more problem in float and tape type gauge is dirt or corrosion that might happen in the pipe when the float keeps moving. This results in lower down readings than the actual ones. The force that the float’s weight applies reduces the friction present in the tape. The tanks that control the float and tape type level gauge overflows when the taps get jammed. To avoid this issue, you can use the high-level switch separately. Nowadays, the latest controllers are available that helps in monitoring the capacity of the tank and rate for pumping. It helps check the actual level, changing the direction and rate.
What is the reason for using the float guidewires?
The guidewires bring stability in the float in the disorder circumstances, and the accuracy level increases when there is a reduction in the horizontal movement of the float. In addition, there is the availability of accessories for installing the services, such as anchors for the weightage. It helps maintain the tension in the guidewires, and no need to do the welding in the tank. After installing float and tape type level gauge, you can use it for several operations and require periodic maintenance. The float and tape type gauge’s unique design is in a cylindrical shape that keeps floating on the surface of the liquid.
What are things present in the kit of the standard float gauge?
- Head of the gauge
- Tape for measuring
- Float guidewires
- Anchor bracket at the bottom
- Sheave elbows
- Top anchors
- Brackets for supporting the pipes
What are the requirements for the float and tape type level gauge?
- Power source: before connecting the float and tape type level gauge, you must check the power and voltage supply. Exact voltage must be available to work the float and tape type gauge properly.
- Using in the highly-corrosive areas: When using the float and tape type level gauge in hazardous surroundings, ensure all the instruments are explosive proof. In addition, take care during the installation process, wiring, and piping to ensure the safety of the float and tape type level gauge.
- External connectivity: when there is a requirement of external connection, protect float and tape type level gauge and ground it properly during the contact with the external controlling unit or some measuring object.
BCST is offering an afloat and tape-type level gauge that is ideally appropriate for measuring the level of the liquid present in the tank. Even you can use it for the storage, spherical and underground tanks. In addition, the float and tape type gauge are helpful in remote areas with no power supply availability. Please place your order now for your industry and get it delivered within a week.