BCST Electric control valve is a key device to regulates the flow of gases, steam, water, and oil in the pipeline system
- Fast operate once connecting power supply
- No need for air-source equipment
- Directly connected to differential open networks
- Energy and Space-saving
One Step Electric Control Valve Solution From BCST
BCST electric control valve is adopted Germany valve technology, we have cooperated with famous electric actuator brands in the world, they support various open networks, such as hart, Modbus, Profibus, etc.
Our electric control valve can send 4-20ma output directly, it doesn’t need money-consuming air source equipment, only standby power supply is consumed when the control loop is in a steady state. It needs less power. So, if you select BCST electric control valve, it will help you save energy and cost.
BCST offers a wide selection of electric actuators, it gives the force to safely close a valve, and keep the actuator stem not deformed, and don’t damage the closure member and valve seat.
BCST electric control valves are highly sensitive to the smallest control signal changes and give a high control accuracy. What’s more, it has a fast transmit time due to high accuracy control.
BCST has an experienced technical team, they have more than 20 years in this industry. Our team can give you professional model selection before the sale and technical support.
Your Electrical Conrol Valve Expert from China
Full package of Electric Control Valve Solution
BCST gives various electric control valve selections to match clients’ requirements. Small valve DN10, as well as large valves in sizes up to DN450, can be equipped with electric actuators. The max working pressure of our electric control valve can reach 64 kg. Differential size has differential rated travels requirement.
Welcome to send us an inquiry for electric control valve!
Hot Sales Electric Control Valve
Why Purchase Electric Control Valve from BCST
BCST electric actuated globe valve is a pressure balancing type regulating control valve. It is equipped with cage guiding, a pressure-balancing valve plug, and an electric actuator.BCST Electric globe valve can receive the signal from the industrial automation control system to drive the valve to change the cross-sectional area between the valve plug and the valve seat, and it can control the flow, temperature, pressure, and other process parameters of the fluid medium inside the pipeline medium, and achieve remote automatic control. BCST electric actuated globe valves are available in various forms such as normal temperature type, high-temperature type, cryogenic type, and bellows seal type.
BCST electric control valve can automatically control the opening and closing of the valve through the signal of the regulating part, thereby achieving the control of the medium flow, pressure, and liquid level in the pipeline system. In the most commonly used 4-20 mA current signal, when the control system gives the electric control valve a signal of 4 mA, the electric globe valve is fully closed; and when the 20 mA signal is given, the electric control valve is fully closed. The different signal values within the range of 4-20 mA correspond to different control valve openings, which means, the valve opening is 50% when giving it a 12 mA signal. According to the working condition, include medium, the flow rate, temperature, and pressure, each opening of the electric control valve can be calculated accordingly. Thereby, the modulating requirement of the regulating electric control valve to the working medium is achieved.
|Flow Coefficient (Kv)||Linear||6.9||11||17.6||27.5||44||69||110||176||275||440||690||1100||1760|
|Signal Range||4～20mA DC 0～10mA DC or 1～5V DC 0～10V DC|
|Fault Position||fully open, fully closed, self-locking|
|Flow Characteristics||a linear, equal percentage|
|Allowed Leakage(L/h)||single-seated:IV class;|
|double seated:Ⅲ class;|
|Plug/Seat||1Cr18Ni9Ti(304) or stellite surfacing welding||1Cr18Ni9Ti(304) or stellite surfacing welding||1Cr18Ni12Mo2Ti(316) or stellite surfacing welding|
|Packing||PTFE, flexible graphite, stainless steel bellows|
|Gasket||RPTFE, stainless steel gasket, metal graphite spiral gasket|
|Push Rod, Cage||2Cr13|
|Application||Medium||water,steam,oil,liquid,etc||Alkali corrosive gas & liquid||Corrosive gas & liquid such as acetic acid|
|Normal Temperature||-30～+250 F4：≤200℃||-40～+250 F4：≤200℃||-40～+250℃ F4：≤200℃|
|Equipped with PSL||H||Normal Temp.||614||630||635||640||712||739||761||930||940||960||1165||1185|
|Equipped with 361L||H||Normal Temp.||665||725||731||755||957||980||1028||1329||1348||1423||1621||1734|
A Complete Guide about Electric Control Valve
The electric control valve is a power-operated device that regulates a streamlined flow of gases, steam, water, and oil. It is considered one of the most important components used in industries to regulate the flow of materials.
Read this guide to find detailed information about working, application, advantages, and electric control valve pricing.
1# What Is the Working Principle Of An Electric Control Valve?
Electric control valve works on the principle of electromagnetic induction. It has a solenoid valve which is an electric coil. In its central position, it has a plunger or ferromagnetic core. When the solenoid valve is at rest position, its plunger closes a small orifice. When it is working, an electric current passes through a coil that creates a magnetic field. This magnetic field creates a force in an upward direction. Hence, it opens the orifice. This opening allows the liquids and gases to pass through it—however, the direction of flow of materials and exerted force work in the opposite directions.
2# Which Factors Maintain A Steady Flow Of Materials Through Orifice?
The flow of liquids and gases in an electric control valve depends on these two factors:
- Orifice Diameter:
The orifice diameter plays a central role in maintaining a flow rate and maximum operating pressure. A small orifice diameter generates more pressure and a more speedy flow of materials through it. Hence, you can easily maintain pressure differences from 0 bars up to the maximum allowable pressure ranges.
- Magnetic Force:
The amount of electric force generated is directly proportional to the flow of materials through an orifice. Therefore, more magnetic force means a more steady flow of materials. However, a permanent magnet generates a stronger magnetic field than a regular coil.
3# How To Select The Right Type Of Electric Control Valve For Industrial Applications?
- Determine the industrial requirements before buying an electric control valve
- Determine its AC or DC version to maintain the functionality of valves
- Determine the valve operating time. A valve with a more extended opening operating time is suitable for high-performance industrial applications.
- Determine minimum and maximum pressure ranges suitable for your industrial applications
- Determine the temperature ranges that a valve can withstand, affecting viscosity and flow of materials
- Determine IP rating of an electric control valve against dirt, moisture, rust, corrosion, and contact
Determine the surface coating material that makes a valve suitable for working under critical industrial conditions
4# What Are The Reasons For Failure Of An Electric Control Valve?
Any failure in an electric control valve can lead to massive destruction and irreversible damages to the industrial environment. Below are some common reasons that lead to the failure of valves:
- Accumulation of grease, dirt, or debris in the pipeline
- Working under excessively high pressure or temperature conditions
- Poor maintenance over time
- Inaccurate installation
- Improper assembly of body parts
- Worn seals or elastomers
- Improper supply of electric current
- Inappropriate use of electric control valve
Contact us for recommendations if you encounter leakage, noise, the excessive outflow of materials, or any of the symptoms mentioned above.
5# How To Increase Life Span Of An Electric Control Valve?
Follow these simple guidelines to increase the shelf life of an electric control valve:
- Pay attention to preventive maintenance tasks to avoid failures
- Keep the pipelines and valves cleans from the accumulation of contaminants and debris
- Install filters or flush the pumps to maintain an accurate flow of materials
- Regularly lubricate the valves to enhance performance and ensure a proper operation
- Replace the valves regularly to ensure optimum operation
- Always select the right type of valve to prevent damage or failure
- Regularly monitor working conditions to maintain a smooth flow of materials
- Install a fast-closing valve check to avoid pressure surges
6# What Are The Applications Of An Electric Control Valve?
An electric control valve is suitable for a variety of industrial applications. Here is a list of industries in which control actuators are used significantly:
- Pressure controlled boiler generated steam system or feedwater control system
- Oil & gas refinery companies
- Petrochemical industries
- Chemical industries
- Pharmaceutical industries
- Food & beverages industries
- Paint industries
- Cosmetic industries
- Water treatment plants
- Autoclave and other high-pressure devices
If you are looking for other intended applications, let us know. BCST manufactures customized electric control valves to meet your industrial requirements. Call us for more details!
7# What Are The Components Of An Electric Control Valve?
An electric control valve consists of the following parts that work synergistically to maintain an efficient flow of liquids and gases.
- Valve Body:
An electric control valve has either a reciprocating or rotating body.
- Actuating Device:
It has an actuating device that is usually a spring diaphragm.
- Valve Positioner:
The valve positioner is a device that converts electric control signal from a controller device into an air signal. Thus, it controls the position of the entire system.
- Air set:
An air set or regulator maintains an accurate pressure level to the positioner. It smoothly channelizes air in the valve.
8# What Are The Most Reliable Materials For Manufacturing Of An Electric Control Valve?
An electric control valve is available in the following materials:
- Cast iron
- Cast steel
- Ductile steel
- 304, 304L, 316, and 316L stainless steel
- Special alloy steel
- Metal alloy
You can contact our production team members to customize the electric control valve in any material to meet your industrial requirements. The selection of material is made by analyzing your requirements and intended industrial applications. The critical working conditions also play a significant role in choosing the suitable material for manufacturing an electric control valve.
9# What Type Of Media Are Suitable For An Electric Control Valve?
The electric control valve is suitable for a variety of applications. However, when you are selecting an electric control valve, it is important to determine its compatibility with materials. An electric actuator is suitable to maintain a streamlined flow of the following materials:
- Lubricated and non-lubricated liquids
- Suspended solids
These three types of media are super reliable for all types of electric actuators. Moreover, it is also significant to analyze the working environment, including the media’s temperature, pressure, and corrosiveness. You can also consult our professional team members about important materials suitable for an electric control valve.
10# What Are Three Body Types Of Electric Control Valve Ports?
Three-body types of electric control valve ports include:
- Single Port: It is the most common electric control valve design suitable for stringent shut-off requirements. During high-pressure applications, it loads the entire area.
- Double Port: It is suitable for materials with varying degrees of temperature and a large amount of fluid passing through the valve.
- Three Port: It is used to mix or divert the materials passing through it. It also maintains a balance through the distribution system.
You can order customized electric actuators from BCST in different port designs & body types according to the industrial applications at very affordable rates.
11# What Are The Features Of An Electric Control Valve?
Following are the features of an electric control valve:
- Reduced or no leakage
- Heat, fire, high temperature, and high-pressure resistant
- Suitable for acidic, alkali, or corrosive working environments
- Compatible with a variety of materials
- Suitable for multiple industrial applications
- Easy to install and maintain
- Withstand pressure up to 2000 psi
- Withstand temperature ranging from -20C to 600C
- Available in various port designs
- Maintain a streamlined flow of liquids, gases, and semi-solid materials
The features mentioned above of electric actuators make them reliable for different industries. All you need to monitor their performance to ensure the best results regularly.
12# How To Test The Body Of An Electric Control Valve?
Use a blind flange to blind the output of the control valve. Check the body rating of the control valve. Open the valve at the time of testing. Now perform the test.
The amount of total pressure that a body can withstand without leakage is called body rating.
- Determine the body leakage
- Determine the pressure of water through the inlet valve. It should be 450 psi. Check it through the pump producer and master gauge.
- Close the mechanical valve and check leakage. If there is no leakage from the outlet valves, a body test has confirmed the performance of the electric control valve.
13# How To Perform Flow Test?
You can efficiently perform flow tests to determine leakage and streamline the flow of materials through the electric control valve.
- Open the outlet of the control valve
- Use air o water as test media
- Close the mechanical valve
- Apply 450 psi pressure to determine the streamlined flow of liquids and gases. At this stage, also check the leakage.
If you observe any leakage, identify damages in the trim, actuator, and valve stem system. Probably, when these devices fail to connect properly, leakage occurs. Repair these damages to maintain a steady flow of gases, liquids, and semi-solid materials.
14# How To Perform A Function Test?
Function test determines the performance and functionality of an electric control valve. Please follow these simple guidelines to perform a function test:
- Assemble all the valves accurately
- Set up instrument air supply, current generator, valve, and i/p converter
- Calibrate the electric actuator
- Check the instrument air supply. Try to set it according to the requirements of the i/p converter
- Apply 4 mA current and make sure 0% travel in the system
- Apply 20 mA current and make sure 100% travel in the system
- Check the flow of current during the controlled flow of liquids and gases
15# What Tests Are Performed To Check An Electric Control Valve?
BCST performs the below-mentioned tests to check the functionality and performance of an electric control valve:
- Face-to-face dimensions and flange facing & dimension test
- Chemical analysis and mechanical properties test
- Non-destructive test
- Hydrostatic test
- Seat leakage test
- Actuator leakage test
- Electric-type and routine test functional test
- Flow test
- Functionality and performance test
Our experts perform these tests under strict supervision and internationally accepted laboratory-controlled conditions. We have the latest tools and pieces of lab equipment to perform these tests. Do not try these tests yourself to avoid serious injuries.
16# How To Troubleshoot When Valve Is Not Opening Or Closing?
If the value of an electric control actuator is not opening or closing, you can troubleshoot it in the following ways:
- Check the voltage supply to an electric control valve
- Check the valve alignment with flanges
- Remove actuator or use the spanner to check the binding of valve with flange
- Check the electric current supply to valves
- Check contamination in the valves
Closely monitor these stages to troubleshoot the working condition of an electric control valve. If you cannot troubleshoot the root cause, contact our trusted team members to solve your problem in just a few minutes.
17# How Much Amount Of Electric Current Closes Or Opens Valves?
An electric control valve requires either 4-20 mA or 0-10 V DC signal input. The input of 4 mA or 0 V closes the valve. Similarly, the input of 20 mA or 10 V DC opens the valve. However, any signal in between these two situations corresponds to a proportional situation. These input signal modulations are according to the industrial requirements. Therefore, any change in the signal input can lead to drastic changes in the output of an electric control valve. Moreover, this input signal can also be modulated as per industrial requirements to maintain a steady flow of liquids and gases.
18# What Are The Benefits Of Using An Electric Control Valve?
A heavy-duty electric control valve offers the following benefits:
- Reduce equipment cost up to 1/5
- Reduce energy consumption up to 1/10
- Battery operated device for fail-safe operation
- Stepping motor with high resolution of 1/1000 and high thrust of 5000 N
- Compact and simple structure
- Ensure high performance
- Easy-to-use digital control panel
- Shorter installation work time
- Immediately works after connecting signal and power supply
- Directly connects to multiple open networks for saving time and wiring efforts
You can contact our customer care center anytime to get comprehensive information about an electric control valve.
19# What Are The Disadvantages Of Using An Electric Actuator?
The advantages of using an electric control valve are many folds higher than its disadvantages. Its downsides include:
- Slow comparative operation speed
- Potential for catching fire as it heats up quickly
- More susceptible to power loss
- More expensive than other types of actuators
Besides the disadvantages mentioned above, there are no downsides to using an electric actuator. It is super reliable for a variety of industrial requirements. You can contact us to order customized electric actuators either in bulk or in small form. We guaranteed high performance and reliability to generate 100% results.
20# What Is The Average Price Of An Electric Control Valve?
The average price of an electric control valve varies from $30 to $300. BCST offers competitive market rates and high-quality products to meet the requirements of our customers. The pricing of electric actuators depends on their quantity, size, materials, and pressure monitoring capabilities. You can also order customized products at very affordable rates. However, the rates of customized electric actuators vary as per your shared specifications. It also varies according to the current market conditions. You can also contact our accounts team members to get pricing-related queries. In case of more information, please visit our website or call us.
21# How To Order A Customized Electric Control Valve From BCST?
BCST is a leading manufacturer and supplier of electric control valves. You can place customization orders in single or bulk form. However, before placing orders, you have to provide specific dimensions, including diameter, orifice size, manufacturing materials, geometry, and intended industrial applications. The expert engineers evaluate your provided information to design a custom-made strategy. Once we get approval from you, we immediately start working on it. The charges for customizations are based on the provided information. After manufacturing of products, we perform tests to evaluate the performance. BCST guarantee 100% performance and reliability of electric control valves.
22# How Long Will It Takes To Ship Your Order?
BCST is a certified supplier of the electric control valve. The warehouse is equipped with extensive inventory units and the latest technology for the manufacturing of high-quality products. However, it takes approximately 10 working days to ship your orders. In the case of special orders, you need to pay extra charges to ensure the timely shipment of products. Additionally, customized proposals require a specific duration as per your shared specifications. Orders are not delayed beyond the designated duration. You can track your booked order by entering the tracking number to check its delivery status. Please inquire your sales associate to get a detailed piece of information for the shipment.
23# What Are The Parts Of An Electric Control Valve?
A high-performance electric control valve includes the following parts:
- Terminal block
- Limit switch and torque switch
- Manual override
- Worm gear
- Drive bushing
- Sealed terminal bung or plug/socket connector
Moreover, an electric control valve is also equipped with Fieldbus technology for automation processes. However, it requires data cables and other special connections for signal transduction. However, during the process of customization, these parts can be changed as per the shared specifications of customers.
24# What Electric Control Valve permits operations?
Electric control valve permits automatic, semi-automatic, and manual operations. These high-performance valves are suitable for high-speed opening and closing of valves. The torque of the motor or position of the valve operates the actuator of an electric control valve. Similarly, a limit switch automatically stops the fully closed or fully opened valve. The utility of all these functions depends on industrial requirements and installation facilities. Although electric actuators are expensive, it is reliable for critical applications. It is perfect for low ambient temperatures, freezing pneumatic supplying systems, large stem forces, and devices with no air supply.
25# Which Actuation Technique Is Used In An Electric Control Valve?
In an electric control valve, an electric actuation technique is used. It is actually a solenoid actuator in the electromagnetic coil. The solenoid actuator energizes and creates a magnetic force. This magnetic force pulls the armature and connects to the armature. However, it is done according to the requirements of the system.
Additionally, an electric control valve is also operated manually. Operator and critical working conditions control it. It would help if you had pushbuttons, pedals, and panels to manually control electric actuators.
The Bottom Line:
This guide has summarized all the essential features of an electric control valve. An electric control valve is a high-performance device to maintain a steady flow of liquids, gases, or semi-solid materials. It will help you in achieving the highest functionality rate during multiple industrial applications.
You can contact on our phone number +86 517 86989565 anytime for any query about electric control valve. Also, drop an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are always ready to serve you.
To design a customized electric control valve, don’t hesitate to get in touch with BCST. We turn your dreams into reality!