BCST temperature transmitter is a high-performance device between temperature senor to control device, it can receive input from the thermocouple, RTD, Ohm mV, and output MA with the hart communication protocol.
- Updating time of output current 90ms
- Two years stability of 0.1%
- Accuracy 0.1% of span
- Parameter setting by keypad directly
- 4-20mA output plus direct digital HART communication
- Automatic zero calibration by press-button
- Explosion-proof and weatherproof housing
- Built-in cold junction compensation
High Accuracy Temperature Transmitter from BCST
As an ISO registered company, the BCST temperature transmitter has SIL2, IEC, CE, Explosion-proof approval. They are widely used in various kinds of the process industry, include chemical, power station, nuclear, biogas, marine, etc, or plant construction.
BCST temperature transmitter has a head-mounted type, rail-mounted type, and field-mounted temperature transmitter. They can cover differential temperature applications.
BCST temperature transmitter has high accuracy and good protection against electromagnetic influence.
We have a professional technical team for temperature transmitter, so if you have special requirement, we can customize as your requirement.
Welcome to contact us for temperature transmitter inquiries.
One-step Temperature Transmitter Solution
Your Temperature Transmitter Expert from China
If you cooperate temperature transmitter from us, there is a professional model selection guide before you place the order.Each part of the temperature transmitter electric board is made by ourselves, the core element of the electric board is used the first-class brand.There are 10 CNC machines in our factory, the production capacity can be ensured.
BCST temperature transmitter has got IEC, SIL2 approval, they are high quality and sound performance for strict condition.We can also supply the thermowell matching integral temperature transmitter.BCST is your best temperature transmitter supplier in China.
Hot Sales Temperature Transmitter
Why Purchase Temperature Transmitter from BCST
Everything You Need To Know About A Temperature Transmitter | A Review
A temperature transmitter is a temperature-sensing device that connects to a temperature sensor to transmit the signal. It linearizes input signals to generate a stable output signal. As a result, it offers a high degree of stability, sustainability, accuracy, and effectiveness than conventional temperature sensing devices.
This article contains comprehensive information about working, applications, advantages, pricing, customization, and troubleshooting of a temperature transmitter.
1# What Is A Temperature Transmitter?
A temperature transmitter transmits an electrical signal to monitor temperature after connecting it to the temperature sensor. It plays a role in isolating temperature signals, filter noise, amplify, and convert the signal within a readable range. Usually, 4-20 mA or 0-10 VDC temperature transmitters are widely used in manufacturing because of their accuracy, high response rate, and ultra-efficient performance. It is suitable for multiple applications under variable temperature ranges varying from -17.7C to 37.7C. A temperature transmitter is typically Resistance Temperature Detector, Thermistor, or Thermocouple that interferes with hardware display. This device is affordable for both small and large-scale industrial applications.
2# How Does A Temperature Transmitter Work?
A high-performance temperature transmitter draws in electric current from a remote DC power supply. This DC power supply is connected to the sensor input and receives the signal from the input device. This signal is amplified, linearized, converted into a standardized output signal, and transmitted to the control device. During transmission of the input signal, unnecessary noise is removed to create a smooth output signal. As a result, the generated output signal is suitable with many standard devices of industrial grade. For example, a high-performance temperature transmitter can quickly switch to a valve, monitoring system, or ON/OFF control loop system.
3# What Are The Advantages Of Using A Temperature Transmitter?
- It offers excellent noise resistance, especially over long distances.
- It isolates, amplifies, filters the noise, linearizes, and converts the input signals from multiple sensors or thermocouple devices.
- It does not need expensive extension wires for connectivity with other devices. It is usually installed in applications for long cable runs because it reduces errors from signal voltage drop.
- It generates a stable output signal compatible with various industrial-grade standard devices.
- It is powered by a low current signal ranging from 4 mA to 20 mA. Hence, it does not require an additional power supply at remote locations.
- A two-wire temperature transmitter offers high immunity against signal degradation over long distances.
4# How To Use A Temperature Transmitter?
A two-wire temperature transmitter requires a thermocouple or three-wire Pt100 input to convert the input signal (temperature) into 4-20 mA output current signals. Generally, you need two copper wires to connect the temperature transmitter output signal in a series current circuit. A 24 VDC supply is sufficient for a two-wire interface by the host instrument. A temperature transmitter offers an advantage over traditional sensors because it can transmit signals over long distances with zero reduction in quality. Additionally, it also performs the function of signal conditioning. It can modify raw input signals in multiple ways to facilitate communication. It is a key advantage of using a sensor.
5# How To Troubleshoot A Faulty Temperature Transmitter?
The main problem indicating the improper working of a temperature transmitter comes from its connectivity. A significantly high or low output signal shows errors in it. Therefore, it is better to read the manual of temperature transmitters to identify the faults in it.
- Check the positive and negative leads of the connections
- Check local heat sources, temperature controller, and temperature reader
- Check the errors, damages, or breakages in the circuit
- Check a thermocouple with a multimeter to resolve out of range errors
- Check the resistance during current flow
- Check temperature transmitter settings in case of faulty output signals
6# What Are The Features Of A Temperature Transmitter?
A high-performance temperature transmitter offers robust, linear, and improved signal integrity to convert the input signals into a readable output signal range.
- Quick installation by using exiting direct wire connections
- Provide diagnostic information to troubleshoot the problem
- Improve input signal integrity, especially over long distances
- Compatibility of 4-20 mA output signal with multiple industrial-grade devices
- Allow standardization of hardware system, data acquisition, and linearization with display & recording system
- Require less expensive wiring system
- Suitable for power generation systems
- Require less maintenance
- Explosion-proof, weatherproof, and chemical proof body
- Protected against ground loop and electric hazards
- Available in a wide variety of industrial applications
7# What Are The Applications Of A Temperature Transmitter?
The high-quality temperature transmitter is suitable for temperature sensor applications in the following industries.
- HVAC system
- Power and utilities
- Laboratory instruments
- Drilling machines
- Warming electric radiators
- Exhaust gas monitoring on motorsport vehicles
- Home appliances including kettles, toasters, dishwashers, washing machines, and many other devices
- Food & beverage production units
- 3D printers
- Surface plates
- Industrial equipment
However, if you are looking for other intended applications of a temperature transmitter, please let us. We can manufacture customized temperature transmitters as per shared specifications to meet your industrial requirements.
8# How To Choose A Temperature Transmitter For Your Industrial Applications?
The below-mentioned tips will assist you in choosing the right type of temperature transmitter as per your industrial environment.
- Determine the working environment and site of local installation
- Determine the configuration method associated with small instruments
- Determine the measurement accuracy, stability, load effect, linearity, and resolution
- Determine the type of temperature transmitter
- Determine RFI/EMI protection, signal isolation, and immunity specification
- Determine intelligent diagnostic capabilities
- Determine application-specific requirements
- Determine the accurate type of device for hazardous environment
- Determine implementation strategies, installation cost, and digital communication protocols
Moreover, you can get guidance from our expert engineers in selecting the correct type of temperature transmitter.
9# What Are The Common Types Of A Temperature Transmitter?
- Weather & Explosion Proof Temperature Transmitter:
This temperature transmitter is made of stainless steel or specific explosion-proof material to protect sensitive internal components. It offers a high level of accuracy, is easily adjusted, and is quickly installed at multiple sites.
- Panel Mount Temperature Transmitter:
A metal rail attached with a transmitter is suitable for diverse industrial applications. It is also easy to install and less expensive than other types of temperature transmitters.
- Head Mount Temperature Transmitter:
It requires minimal wiring, and it can incorporate a transmitter into the connection head. In addition, it is effortless to install because of its design.
- Field Mounting Transmitter:
It is suitable for installation in the exterior of your house and high-performance industrial areas. You can also install it relatively close to a sensor to increase the signal strength.
10# What Is The Average Price Of A Temperature Transmitter?
A standard temperature transmitter is available at a low cost. However, the price of a temperature transmitter depends upon its quality and equipment used in it. The average price of a temperature transmitter ranges from $35 to $300. These prices can vary by adding specifications or customization. The addition of high-quality sensing elements, extension wires or cables, protecting tubes, insulating beads, sensors, connecting heads, connectors, LED display, controller, and many other components significantly change a temperature transmitter’s price. All these components influence the measurement accuracy and temperature measurement range of temperature transmitters. You can contact us for more pricing-related information.
11# What Are The Components Of A Temperature Transmitter?
A high-performance temperature transmitter has the following essential components:
- Metallic or ceramic protecting tubes
- Flameproof, temperature proof, and explosion-proof enclosure
- Insulating beads
- Connecting heads
- Temperature sensor
- Encapsulated thermocouple with cables
- Front and back flange adaptors
- Screw & springs
However, our industrial unit is equipped with the latest technology and machines to customize temperature transmitters at very affordable rates per your shared specifications. In addition, you can add or remove any specific component to meet your industrial requirements.
12# How To Calibrate A Temperature Transmitter?
Follow these simple steps to calibrate a temperature transmitter as per your industrial requirements:
- Place the reference probe in the temperature source as close as possible in a radial pattern.
- Connect all wires and leads to the readout system using 2, 3, or 4 wire connections.
- Determine temperature and measure resistance from calibration coefficients.
- Compare the resistance of the reference probe with thermometers.
- Fit data and record it for future use.
- Repeat the steps mentioned above to achieve desired results.
If you face any problem calibrating a temperature transmitter, please contact our experienced team members for guidance.
13# What Are The Common Reasons For Failure Of A Temperature Transmitter?
Here is a list of common reasons of failure of a temperature failure:
- Leakage of currents including AC or DC
- Exposure to some chemical processes, explosive conditions, and corrosive environment
- Pollution of hot junctions with metallic ions
- Reduced exposure time or exposure cycles
- Inappropriate calibration
- Very high lead resistance
- Temperature indication errors and changes
- Thermal aging
However, if you cannot identify common faults, please contact our experienced team members to get the one-stop solution. Share your queries with us for customized solutions to your problems.
14# How To Test The Working Of A Temperature Transmitter?
Usually, a temperature transmitter is tested by performing two internationally accepted tests, including:
- Continuity test using a multimeter
- Insulation resistance test using an insulation tester such as 60V to 100V
A temperature transmitter is said to be in good condition:
- If the output of a continuity test gives resistance of 110 ohms
- If the output of the insulation resistance test is approximately 100-mile ohms
However, always keep in mind to use standardized apparatus to achieve realistic results. In case of more queries, please get in touch with our experts to get a custom-made solution for your problems.
15# What Is Continuity Test Using A Multimeter?
A continuity test is performed to determine whether an electric circuit wire is broken or not. You can accomplish this test on individual components or sections of wiring. During this test, a multimeter sends current through a circuit to determine resistance. Generally, mechanical damage, corrosivity of components, or open switches are leading causes of a broken electric circuit.
- First, cut off all the electric current supply before performing the test.
- Connect the selector dial to the multimeter.
- Connect all the test leads and probes to the load terminals.
- Check connections, battery life, and leads by touching the probes together.
- Identify the flow of electric current through the circuit.
16# What Is Insulation Resistance Test?
The insulation resistance test is used to measure the total resistance between two points. However, this test determines the effectiveness of dielectric (insulation) resisting the flow of electric current. In addition, this test checks the quality of insulation. This test is performed at specific intervals to detect impending insulation failures. Hence, it saves you from accidental failures or costly repairs over time. Generally, a two-wire ground component is accepted to test the connectivity of both grounded and ungrounded components. When voltage is applied, an insulation tester determines the flow of current through the insulation. The insulation tester measures and displays measured resistance as well.
17# How Can You Order Customized Temperature Transmitter?
You can order customized temperature transmitters from BCST at a very affordable range. However, we acknowledge that each project has specific requirements. Our manufacturing unit is equipped with state-of-the-art machinery for manufacturing world-class temperature transmitters. However, you should share specifications including materials, connectors, encapsulating wires, controllers, adaptors, circuitry, and working environment. First, we analyze your requirements to design a customized product. Then, we arrange a one-to-one meeting with clients for approval. As soon as we receive approval from clients, we immediately start working on it. Your order is delivered to your provided address within ten days after initial bookings.
18# How To Increase Life Span Of A Temperature Transmitter?
Follow the below-mentioned tips to increase the life span of a temperature transmitter:
- Take care of the moving or sliding parts of the machine because these parts can easily pinch or knick while routing the leads.
- Take care of thermocouple wires exposed to a high moisture environment.
- Avoid over-temperature to maintain the optimal working of the system. Usually, false temperature reading alters the resistance of the controller.
- Avoid contamination of leads, wires, and bands. It reduces the temperature sensing ability of a temperature transmitter.
- Avoid probe tip deformation by applying mechanical force or hammering. A deformed probe generates false temperature sensing results.
19# What Material Is A Temperature Transmitter Made Of?
A high-quality temperature transmitter is made of various materials to detect minute temperature changes in external and internal environments. Following are the common materials suitable for manufacturing a temperature transmitter:
- 304, 304L, 316, and 316L stainless steel
However, the choice of materials is based on the working environment and industrial requirements. Usually, stainless steel, copper, and nickel are preferred for challenging working conditions. You can place an order for the customization of a temperature transmitter as per your shared specifications. Please visit our website for more details.
20# How To Choose The Best Material For Manufacturing Of A Temperature Transmitter?
It would help if you considered the following characteristics before choosing a material for manufacturing a temperature transmitter.
- Temperature range
- Response time
- Manufacturing cost
Generally, nickel, copper, and stainless steel materials are primarily selected to manufacture a temperature transmitter. These materials are stable over a wide range of temperatures ranging from -200C to 850C. Moreover, it shows a moderate to fast response rate and stability over a long period of time. In addition, BSCT offers a 5-year warranty on the manufacturing of customized temperature transmitters to win the trust of our customers.
21# How Many Days Will It Take To Deliver Your Order?
BCST offers worldwide fast-track delivery of temperature transmitter products. Our manufacturing unit has the best machinery for manufacturing premium-quality products. We have experienced engineers who meet all the deadlines to ensure 100% satisfaction for our clients. Generally, you can receive your order within 10 days after booking and getting approval from our production team members. However, customized products with specified requirements take a much longer duration. We keep on informing the clients about the latest status of their order. Please keep visiting our website to get special discounts and exciting deals on temperature transmitter products. In case of more queries, please get in touch with us now!
22# What Are the Disadvantages Of Using A Temperature Transmitter?
A temperature transmitter is a susceptible device that measures a significant change in temperature differences. There is a list of benefits of using a temperature transmitter. However, there are some drawbacks to this device.
- Expensive than conventional temperature sensing devices
- Require proper calibration to determine exact temperature output
- Require special maintenance to improve its life span
- Need technical assistance to evaluate problems
- Get contaminated with metal ions that reduce its efficiency
- Current leakage due to damages
However, regular monitoring reduces the number of disadvantages of using a temperature transmitter. Follow the manufacturer’s guidelines to ensure the smooth working of a temperature transmitter.
23# Does A Temperature Transmitter Meet NEMA Ratings?
Yes, a high-performance temperature transmitter meets the below-mentioned NEMA ratings:
It exhibits the stability and versatility of a temperature transmitter in moisture, dirt, water, and ice.
It exhibits protection against corrosive environment, acidic, and alkali environments.
It exhibits the stability and durability of a temperature transmitter in specific working environments and time.
It exhibits the functionality of a temperature transmitter under indoor environments of high temperature and high pressure.
You can order customized products as per your shared specifications, meeting our manufacturing standards. In addition, you can ask our experienced team members to share NEMA specifications for the sake of your specifications.
24# What Are The Differences Between 2-Wire & 3-Wire Temperature Transmitters?
A 2-wire temperature transmitter is less accurate than a 3-wire temperature transmitter as there is no chance of eliminating the lead wire resistance from the sensor measurement.
A 3-wire temperature transmitter is suitable for industrial applications that require removing the average lead wire resistance. In addition, it is an ideal solution for long-distance transmission between the transmitter and measuring instrument.
The selection between a 2-wire and 3-wire temperature transmitter is based on industrial requirements. Generally, a 3-wire temperature transmitter is preferred due to its stability, versatility, response time, accuracy, and efficiency. You can get advice from our experienced technical team in selecting a 2-wire or 3-wire temperature transmitter.
The Bottom Line:
I hope through this guide you have got sufficient information about a temperature transmitter. It is a powerful temperature sensing device used for domestic and industrial purposes. It allows the users to choose the right type of temperature transmitter as per industrial requirements.
Please visit our website to buy the best quality temperature transmitter products to meet your industrial requirements.