BCST Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer has Highly accurate in competitive high-temperature environments.
- Simple structure and sampling pre-processing system
- High sensitivity and resolution
- Wide measurement range
- Fast response & Robust design
- Good reproducibility and stability
- Automatic switching
- Continuous online measurement
BCST Expert Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer Supplier in China
BCST zirconia oxygen analyzer is a tool that measures the extent of oxygen in a system, figuring out if the group needs to be increased or not. It is used for combustion tracking and maintaining control over it in diverse applications. Their applications range from energy-consuming industries to diverse combustion facilities. It enables enterprises to make extensive achievements in power savings.
BCST zirconia oxygen analyzer is utilized in numerous applications, including iron and steel, electric power, oil and petrochemicals, ceramics, pulp and paper, food and textiles, and in facilities that include incinerators small to medium boilers. It also helps lessen global warming and air pollutants by decreasing the quantity of carbon dioxide and different dangerous gas emissions by resisting gasoline’s incomplete combustion.
Do you’ve got any additional questions regarding the zirconia oxygen analyzer, or are you searching for the best solution for your programs? You can get in contact with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BCST One-Stop Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer Solutions from China
BCST Group, established in 2000, specializes in the research, development, and production of valve automation and process instruments. If your company calls for an excellent zirconia oxygen analyzer, BCST Group can assist you. With 22 years of experience in zirconia oxygen analyzer production and exporting, BCST offers the one-stop answer in your projects. Our technology and professional technical team will aid you and guide you at some point in version selection, debugging, and installation.
Each zirconia oxygen analyzer is examined and collaborated through the manufacturing line, ensuring outstanding quality with full test certificates. We have ATEX, SIL2, CE approval, in addition to explosion-proof certifications. We provide services across the world. So irrespective of wherein your company is located, we can help you.
Other Related Analyzer
Your Best Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer Manufacturer from China
An oxygen analyzer (oxygen meter) is the instrument that measures the amount of oxygen contained in the flue gas is called an oxygen analyzer (oxygen meter). The two main types of oxygen analyzers commonly used are thermomagnetic and zirconia.
An electrochemical cell with a constant temperature inside the sensor generates a millivolt potential that directly responds to the oxygen concentration in the flue gas. We have applied the zirconia analyzer to combustion monitoring and control. It will contribute to adequate combustion and reduce CO, SOx, and NOx emissions. It contributes to the prevention of global warming and air pollution. You can also use the zirconia oxygen analyzer for atmosphere control and precisely control combustion efficiency.
Zirconia oxygen analyzers are used in various industries to monitor and control combustion processes. It can help achieve considerable energy savings in a wide range of industries. It is used in energy-consuming industries such as steel, electronics, power, petrochemicals, pottery, paper, food, and textiles. We can also use it in various combustion plants, such as incinerators, small and medium-sized boilers, etc.
The zirconia oxygen analyzer is composed of an oxygen sensor (also known as oxygen probe, oxygen detector), an oxygen analyzer (also known as a transmitter, transducer unit, converter, analyzer), and a dust protection device, thermocouple, heater, standard gas conduit, junction box, and housing shell.
The dust protection device consists of a dust cover and a filter. It prevents dust from the flue gas from entering the inside of the zirconia zirconium tube. It keeps the zirconia tube element from contamination and acts as a buffer for the gas sample.
The zirconia tube element is the core component of the oxygen probe. It generates the oxygen concentration difference potential signal. The zirconia tube is a ceramic-like metal oxide. Therefore, you must use it in such a way as to avoid violent vibrations that could damage the zirconia tube element.
The thermocouple is used for thermostatic control of the probe’s built-in heater. It is also an element for measuring the temperature of the gas to be measured in the flue of boilers and furnaces. It can provide a temperature signal for oxygen calculations. The function of the heater is to provide the temperature required for the regular operation of the zirconia solid electrolyte element. It allows it to operate correctly even in the measured flue gas environment below 600°C. The potential oxygen signal from the oxygen probe and the thermocouple temperature signal is amplified and sent to the A/D conversion circuit for data processing together with the correction factor. We can then derive the percentage of oxygen content. At the same time, the system can implement the display of oxygen potential, probe temperature, and correction coefficient values. And the heating furnace of the zirconium tube is thermostatically controlled. It is supplemented by broken couples, over-temperature protection, and thermocouple reversal protection, thus ensuring the reliable operation of the system.
The critical component of the oxygen sensor is the zirconium oxide. A porous platinum electrode is applied to the inner and outer sides of the zirconia element to create an oxygen concentration difference cell. It is located at the top of the sensor. A heater is located in the sensor to maintain the cell at its rated operating temperature. A temperature controller inside the oxygen analyzer is used to control the zirconia temperature at a constant level. The zirconia oxygen analyzer comprises the oxygen sensor (also known as oxygen probe, oxygen detector), the oxygen analyzer (also known as a transmitter, transducer unit, converter, analyzer), and the connecting cables between them.
1. The zirconium oxide head of the sensor is welded with high-temperature ceramic technology to avoid thermal stress damage.
2. The zirconia probe is sheathed in full 321 stainless steel (1Cr18Ni9Ti). It has excellent wear and corrosion resistance. The probe can be customized according to the site usage.
3. The in-line oxygen probe does not require a sampling system. And it responds quickly and can effectively reduce ash clogging in the flue gas. And it can withstand higher temperatures.
4. Heat diffusion reference: it does not need a special reference air pump. And it is easy to use and maintain.
5. Dual parameter design: it can overcome the discrete performance of domestic zirconia. It is accurate and can extend the service life.
6. Online calibration of the working conditions: it is accurate and reliable—easy online calibration of single standard gas. You can calibrate the working condition point directly. In addition, it is correct in its measurement.
7. Thermal inert protection: It is easy to install. It can also install thermally. It is highly adaptable to a stop-start furnace.
8. Detachable components: It is easy to replace and maintain components. It can reduce the cost of use (the detector part of the explosion-proof zirconia analyzer is integrated and cannot be disassembled at will).
9. Multi-function display: oxygen content (%); oxygen potential; temperature, potential background parameters are intuitively and conveniently displayed
10. Dual range: It can have both 0-10% and 0-20.6% dual range. It has a wide measuring range. You can adjust its range at the factory.
11. Dual output: It can have both switching node output and 4-20mA output.
12. Large load: 750 ohm/4-20mA, easy for remote installation.
13. It has a wide range of adjustments. For example, we can check the parameters such as component aging at any time.
14. Full floating design: analyzer common-mode input. It has strong resistance to electric field interference. It needs no special earth wire and is easy to install.
15. Product series adaptability: it can be applied to gas, oil, and coal-fired various furnace models. From room temperature to 1400 degrees, we can choose a suitable model.
* Measuring object: Various industrial furnace flue gases, mixed gas concentrations
* Measuring element: Zirconium oxide tube
1. Oxygen measurement range: 0-20.6%O2 or 0–10%
2. Instrument accuracy: basic error of system oxygen measurement ≤ ±2% of full-scale value
3. Transmitter accuracy: 1.0 grade (≤1.0% of full-scale value)
4. Temperature control accuracy: 700±1℃ of the thermostat point
5. Response time: ≤3 seconds (up to 90% response)
6. Alarm output: upper and lower limit node output, optional “normally open” or “normally closed” point
7. Analogue output signal: 4-20 mA ADC (load 0Ω-750Ω) corresponding to 0-10% O2 or 0-20.6% O2
8. Background correction range: -20 mV-+20 mV
9. Digital display form: LED four digital tube display
10. Power supply: AC220V±15%
11. Power consumption: <6W (not including heating power)
12. Heating power: about 50W (average) can provide 150W output power
13. Environmental conditions: Temperature -20℃-60℃ Relative humidity <90%
14. detector approx. 10Kg, converter approx. 5Kg
15. Calibration method: three parameters calibration. Air point, standard gas point, working condition point.
Everything You Need To Know About A Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer
Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer is a highly efficient device for measuring ppm to percentage oxygen levels in a gas or mixture of gases. It is an electrochemical galvanic cell that uses a high-temperature ceramic sensor containing stabilized zirconium oxide to detect oxygen partial pressure.
This article contains professional-grade information about working, advantages, applications, working conditions, and customization of Zirconia Oxygen Analyzers.
1. What Is A Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer?
Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer measures ppm to percentage oxygen levels in a gas or mixture of gases. It is an electrochemical galvanic cell with a high-temperature ceramic sensor with stabilized zirconium oxide. It is placed in a temperature-controlled furnace with required electronics that process the detection cell signal. A digital display system directly displays oxygen concentrations over the range of 0.01 ppm to 100%. It is specially designed for small oil & gas boilers in multiple industries, including hospitals, ships, and power generation areas. You can also use it for gas generators and oxygen enrichment applications.
2. What Is The Principle Of Operation Of A Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer?
Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer has zirconium oxide stabilized with zirconium oxide used as ceramic. It also contains porous platinum electrodes. These electrodes provide a catalytic surface for converting oxygen molecules to oxygen ions and oxygen ions to oxygen molecules. During high gas concentrations, oxygen molecules gain electrons and convert them into ions that enter the electrode. On the other electrode, oxygen ions lose electrons and convert them into oxygen molecules from the surface of the electrode. As there is a difference in the partial pressure of gases, the rate of formation and entry of oxygen ions to the zirconium oxide electrode differs.
3. Which Type Of Sensor Is Suitable For Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer?
As a Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer is designed for measuring ppm to % levels of oxygen in a gas or mixture of gases, it requires a particular sensor for processing information. An electrochemical galvanic cell uses a high-temperature ceramic sensor containing stabilized zirconium oxide. These zirconium oxide sensors measure the partial pressure of oxygen in a gas or mixture of gases. It also eliminates the requirements of high temperature, humidity, and oxygen pressure under a critical working environment. It also offers thermal shock resistance, fracture toughness, and excellent corrosion resistance in furnaces operating at exceptionally high temperatures.
4. What Are The Advantages Of A Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer?
- It is suitable for working at exceptionally high temperatures up to 650C.
- It stabilizes and improves the product quality by shortening the production cycle and saving energy costs.
- It measures stable millivolt signal by extraction electrodes on both sides of the zirconium dioxide with oxygen potential.
- It is a perfect device for measuring and controlling the combustion atmosphere.
- It improves the conductivity of zirconium ions to accurately measure oxygen partial pressure difference.
- It is widely used in various industries, including food, chemical, pharmaceutical, gas production, and gas utilization units.
- It is designed to place in various furnaces operating at high temperatures accurately.
5. What Are The Applications Of A Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer In Different Industries?
Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer is used for a variety of industrial applications, including:
5.1 Gas Production Units:
Gas production units ensure product quality by measuring oxygen purity and oxygen impurity levels.
5.2 Gas Utilization Industries:
In gas utilization units, it ensures the reliability of inert gas blankets. In chemical gas industries, it provides the quality of gases used as production materials.
5.3 Food Packaging Industry:
The food packaging industry measures accurate oxygen levels in packages with modified or controlled atmospheres.
You can also use it in other industrial sectors. However, please inform us about your intended applications at the time of booking.
6. In Which Industries Can You Use A Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer?
Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer is suitable for use in a variety of industrial applications. It is commonly used in the following industries:
- Coal, oil, gas, and biomass manufacturing boilers or furnaces
- Continuous emission monitoring system CEMS
- Aviation industries
- Agriculture sector
- Medical and laboratory testing equipment
- Vehicle emission monitoring system
- Controlled atmosphere monitoring units
- Accelerated composting units
- Transportation of perishable goods under controlled environment
If you want to use it for other intended applications, stay in touch with us for more queries. Also, stay in touch with us to customize a high-quality Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer.
7. What Are Standard Output Qualities Of A Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer?
The standard output qualities of a Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer include the following features:
- It generates a high-precision linear output.
- Its configurable output ranges up to 4-20mA and 0-10DC.
- It offers two optional output ranges: standard range 0-25% and full range 0-100%. However, it requires externally controlled manual or automatic calibration.
- The quality of the sensor pump cycle is determined by periodic 3.3 VDC logic output.
- You can maintain either fast and dynamic output or slow and swift output by managing optional filter settings.
- Manufacturers usually pre-calibrated or calibrated it in any ordinary atmosphere of known concentration force.
8. What Are The Main Components Of A Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer?
The main components of a Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer include:
8.1 Zirconia Elements:
It generates voltage output in response to oxygen concentration.
8.2 Ceramic Heater:
It heats the element.
It is usually a breathable and waterproof filter through which reference air can move inside out.
8.4 Protection tube:
It protects the element from gas velocity or entry of foreign material in the exhaust gas.
8.5 Lead Wire:
It helps to transfer the signal from the sensor to the engine control unit.
If you want to know more about components and their customization, please get in touch with us immediately.
9 . What Is The Average Lifetime Of A Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer For Different Materials?
The average lifetime of a Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer for materials is as follow:
- Its lifetime is more than ten years for aircraft to determine oxygen partial pressure of clean and dry air.
- Its lifetime is more than five years in the case of good quality natural gas with low sulfur content.
- Its lifetime is more than two years in the case of biomass, including wood chips, pellets, and many others.
- Its lifetime is more than two years for coal with low sulfur content.
- Its lifetime is more than one year for measuring the partial pressure of various composting materials.
10 . How To Increase The Lifetime Of A Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer?
The lifetime of a high-quality Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer can be dramatically increased by following the below-mentioned tips:
- Avoid contamination with chemicals or non-combustible gases
- Maintain accurate working temperature for sensor (not too high; not too low)
- Carefully choose the industrial environment for its installation
- Avoid physical damage caused by big shock or vibrations
- Follow regular maintenance to ensure its accurate working
- Follow the instructions of manufacturers
- Accurately install it to reduce the risk of damage
- Always maintain an efficient supply of electric current
- Minimize resistance or turbulence
Contact us to get more tips for improving the lifetime of Zirconia Oxygen Analyzers working under your specific industrial units.
11. What Are Safety Instructions For A Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer?
You must follow the below-mentioned safety instructions for accurate installation and work of a Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer.
- Always install it by a certified technician by following the instructions mentioned in the manual and associated industrial standards.
- Strictly adhere to the manufacturer’s instructions to avoid serious injury or death.
- Always choose trained technical personnel for the maintenance and operation of a sensor.
- Maintain a datasheet to determine its performance accurately
- Avoid operating damaged equipment
- Go for modifications and repairs after approval of the manufacturer
- Rectify faults as soon as possible to avoid large-scale damage
- Check voltage, electric current, and working conditions before installation
12. How To Install A Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer?
- Always choose a suitable installation location to ensure quick access for calibration.
- Place the sensor in the horizontal position or at a downward angle to maintain a smooth flow of particles.
- Install a baffle to protect the sensor from direct gas flow and contamination
- Use 24 VDC power supply to interface with electronic items accurately
- Use PTFE tape or gasket for sealing (do not use silicone-based seals)
- Verify all components, wiring, and cables to avoid damage
- Tighten all screws and bolts after determining all the input and output requirements
- Test the power supply to maintain efficient working
13. What To Do If A Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer Is Working In Aggressive Humid Environments?
If a Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer is working in an aggressive humid environment, it is working at a higher temperature than its surroundings. If operating it at or above 700C, immediately turn it off to cool down. In very humid environments, the sensors are performed at the stand by typically 2V. Its operation under an aggressive humid climate leads to condensate formation. The condensate leaves behind corrosive salt. It quickly destroys the heater and senses elements that disrupt normal functioning. That’s why you must follow the manufacturer’s instructions and maintain accurate working temperature to prolong the lifespan of Zirconia Oxygen Analyzers.
14. Why You Should Protect A Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer From Excessive Moisture?
It is essential to protect a Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer from excessive moisture to accurately measure working gases’ partial pressure. First, avoid the sensor from reaching or falling directly on the hot sensor cap. It leads to aggressive temperature shocks to the heater and cell of the system. Always use a hood over the sensor cap or mount it on a larger diameter cylinder to minimize its exposure to water. Placing the sensor downward deflects the direct falling of moisture on it. It also prevents the sensor cap from filling with the water. Please get in touch with our experienced team to find more tips to improve the functioning of a sensor.
15. What Are The Limitations Of A Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer?
It measures oxygen levels between 0% and 100% in gas or gas mixtures. However, it is not suitable for measuring oxygen levels for combustible gases or any material that can poison zirconium oxide detection cells. Usually, materials including Halogens (Chlorine), Halogenated Hydrocarbons (Methyl chloride), Sulphur-containing compounds (Hydrogen Sulphide), and Lead containing compounds (Lead Sulphide) can cause poisoning in the system. These gases combine the sample oxygen gas in the furnace because of the high temperature of the stove. Therefore, it reduces the amount of sample oxygen gas in the furnace. Hence, it gives incorrect low readings.
16. Do We Need To Calibrate A Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer?
It uses the absolute measurement principle. It is manufactured and calibrated in the factory, and it does not require further calibration. The process of factory calibrations involves calibrations of the electronics. It helps to accept the millivolt input signal from the detection cell. Further, that instrument is checked and correctly reads air on 20.9%. After this, the same instrument is tested for correct reading on ppm oxygen content in nitrogen. However, it is essential to contact your manufacturer or supplier to check the accurate calibration of the Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer in case of faults. You can also see the manufacturer’s guidelines before installation to avoid accidents.
17. How A Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer Is Damaged By Silicone?
The presence of silicone in measurement gas badly damages a Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer. The organic silicon compounds (vapors) of RTV rubbers and sealants are usually made of cheaper silicone. It out gases silicone vapors into the external environment upon heating. When these vapors contact sensors, their organic compounds burn at the hot sensor part. It produces fine-divided Silicone Dioxide SiO2. SiO2 blocks pores and active parts of the electrode. However, if you want to use RTV rubbers or silicone-based sealants, use high-quality, well-cured material to ensure accurate working.
18. Why You Should Use BCST Manufactured Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer?
- We have a proven track record for manufacturing and supplying high-quality Zirconia Oxygen Analyzers.
- We have decades of experience in the operation of boiler exhaust gas systems.
- Our products are highly accurate in aggressive and high-temperature environments.
- We only deal with highly robust sensors suitable for operation in boiler gas exhaust.
- You do not need any specific instructions or reference gas for calibrations.
- We supply Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer with or without control electronics.
- We have to market competitive rates to serve our clients by all means.
- Our products are suitable for various combustible gases to operate in industries.
19# Which Substances Produce Cross-Reactivity In A Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer?
Following are the leading causes of cross-reactivity in a Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer:
- Combustible gases including Hydrogen & Carbon Monoxide up to 2% of stoichiometric combustion, Methane up to 2.5% of stoichiometric combustion, and Ammonia up to 1500 ppm; stoichiometric combustion
- Heavy metals including Zn (Zinc), Cd (Cadmium), Pb (Lead), Bi (Bismuth)
- Gases including Halogens (Fluorine & Chlorine), Hydrogen Chloride, Hydrogen Fluoride, Sulphur Dioxide, Hydrogen Sulphide, Freon gases, and Carbon Disulfide
- Reducing atmosphere interferes with the catalytic activity of electrodes
- Fine dust particles, soot, and carbon residues
- Heavy shocks or vibrations
Don’t hesitate to get in touch with us for more exciting news to improve the functionality of Zirconia Oxygen Analyzers.
20# How To Improve Maintenance Of A Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer?
- Regularly clean a Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer to avoid excessive contamination. However, avoid using chemical cleaning agents and high-pressure water or steam for cleaning sensors.
- It measures the difference in partial pressure of oxygen instead of direct oxygen level, requiring regular calibration. Regular calibration avoids sensor drift, effects of atmospheric pressure, and required application changes while measuring partial pressure.
- It contains electrical components that maintain regular electric waste disposal to ensure its smooth working.
Please follow a regular maintenance routine to improve the efficiency and working capacity of a Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer.
21# What Are The Common Causes Of Failure In A Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer?
Following are the common causes of failure in a Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer.
- Unstable sample gas pressure and flow rate
- Drift in output signal caused by zero positioning of the measurement circuit or poor contact of the range potentiometer
- Unstable measured value
- Failure or poor contact of zero potentiometer
- Sticky or oily detector
- Low indicated value
- Exceptionally high temperature
- Presence of dust particles or corrosivity
Be sure to immediately contact our experienced team members if you face any of the aforementioned failures.
22# what Are The Merits & Demerits Of A Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer?
Following are the standard merits and demerits of Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer. It includes:
- Operate at excessively high temperature without requiring relevant cooling
- Generate quick response
- It has a longer life span
- Oxygen reacts with flammable material in the sensor part. Therefore, it reduces the display of oxygen concentration level than the average level.
- It requires warm-up time.
However, the merits of a Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer are always greater than its demerits. It is always the first choice for sensitive industrial applications requiring measurement of the difference in partial pressure of oxygen.
23# How Can I Order A Customized Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer?
It is relatively straightforward to order a customized Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer. You can call us or email us for booking orders, and we also offer upfront prices to meet your industrial requirements. However, we request our customers share their specifications about working temperature, nature of gas, corrosivity, and resistance for the current flow to manufacture a customized Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer. At the first stage, our experienced engineers analyze your requirements to check all the possibilities under your budget. We also offer valuable suggestions to improve the customization of your desired products to boost industrial performance.
24# What Is The Average Price Of A Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer?
Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer is available at affordable rates to meet your industrial requirements. It is a high-performance device to accurately measure the partial pressure of oxygen in different industrial units. The average price of high-quality Zirconia Oxygen Analyzers ranges from $1500 to $3000. Its cost depends on the quality, manufacturing material, and product performance. These prices are compatible with the ultra-efficient performance of Zirconia Oxygen Analyzers. However, these prices also vary as per customers’ specifications to meet different industrial requirements. Quote your prices today! Stay in touch with us to find the best deals for Zirconia Oxygen Analyzers!
The Bottom Line:
We hope that you have understood everything about a Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer. It is designed to measure ppm to percentage oxygen levels in a gas or mixture of gases. It can withstand critical industrial environments to maintain an efficient flow rate.
Please keep visiting our website to find exciting deals for manufacturing the industrial-grade Zirconia Oxygen Analyzers!