BCST paperless recorder can display, record the signal from process instruments, like flowmeter, pressure transmitter, temperature transmitter. They are widely applied in chemical, power, refinery, fishing, pharmaceutical industry etc.
- Good EMC ability, high reliability
- Isolation in design, heavy protection
- Alarm output, transmitting output
- Ethernet interface, RS232/485 interface
- USB interface, SD card socket, flash memory
- LED, LCD, Touch screen for selection
Your Reliable Paperless Recorder Supplier from China
BCST paperless recorders are easy installation and free maintenance. They have built-in data storage and friendly network connectivity. If you use them, you can easily store and keep the data, and view the data remotely. They can help to make your operation more efficient.
BCST offers a complete range of paperless recorders from button-operated to touch screens. Our paperless recorder max channel is 48, there is analogy signal, alarm feedback output,
If you purchase a paperless recorder from BCST, you can get professional technical support from model selection to operation.
BCST paperless recorder has CE approval.
Welcome to contact us.
One Step Paperless Chart Recorder Solution from China
Your Best Paperless Recorder Supplier in China
BCST paperless recorder has 7 inches LCD high visibility color display screen, so you can read the date easily.
It has a channel from 4 to 48 universal signal input, and it has 4 display types, bar graph, curve, digital display.
You can use them to keep the data from electromagnetic flowmeter, pressure transmitter, temperature transmitter, etc.
You can select 220 VAC or 24 VDC for power supply. There is RS 485 and Ethernet interface for communication.
You will find it has a high speed of sampling speed and high accuracy.
It has a big storage memory. It can help you to save time and energy for industrial production.
Welcome to send us an inquiry about paperless recorders.
Hot Sales Paperless Recorder
Why Purchase Paperless Recorder from BCST
A paperless recorder is a device for data acquisition that records the data over time. These recorders are part of industrial control systems for monitoring applications and are the latest type of recorders in the market.
We will discuss the paperless recorder and its details in this guide. In addition, this guide will help in understanding the functions, specifications, and applications of the paperless recorder.
1. What is the paperless recorder?
The paperless recorder is the tool for acquisition, analyzing, and archiving data. This scheduled export of data is export into the software packages such as excel. The chart is displayed on the recorder’s graphic display in a paperless recorder instead of printing the chart on paper. The data is recorded in the internal memory of the computer.
The paperless recorder makes it easier to transfer data to the computer and also saves paper. As a result, the paperless recorder addresses most industrial recording needs. In addition, a paperless recorder offers flexibility in the customization of inputs with an internal memory that stores data.
2. How does it work?
The paperless recorder records the data into the internal storage of the instrument. After the calculation, simulation, and storage, the LCD screen displays the data. A paperless recorder uses a single chip microprocessor to collect the data. The recorded data is sent to the memory of the computer. The operator observes the recorded signal. The recorded signal is compared with the lower and upper limit signals, and if the upper limit exceeds, the alarm signal will be issued.
The paperless recorder has a color display with sizes ranging from 5.7″ to 12.1″. It supports 3 to 48 inputs, making a paperless recorder ideal for engineers, managers, quality control personnel, and operators.
3. What are the features of the paperless recorder?
The paperless recorder offers many outstanding features:
- It has 14.5cm TFT color graphics with a screen of 640*480 pixels.
- The paperless recorder has 9 to 18 inputs with 30 data trends. It has an internal sampling time of 100ms.
- The recording time of the paperless recorder is 1 to 32767 sec with the normal or timed operation.
- The scan rate limits the storage of the recorded data.
- The paperless recorder has a highly visible LCD with advanced functions and network compatibility.
- The user chooses from the real-time and numeric display.
- There are the options of various data save modes such as schedule recording. In addition, you can save the data in binary format to suit your specific requirements.
- For improving the operability of the equipment, there are keys for specific functions.
- It has an onboard SD card for internal memory. The paperless recorder has a sample rate of 100 milliseconds.
- There are two USB ports for downloading the data.
- It has the feature of manipulation detection with a digital certificate and an extensive operating temperature range.
4. What are the input specifications of a paperless recorder?
The paperless recorder has high performance, accurate, and powerful extended functions. In addition, the clear LCD makes it easier to read data. Also, the high speed of paperless recorders makes them reliable for industrial applications. The input specifications of the paperless recorder are as follows:
- It has an input measurement cycle of approximately 100 ms for all inputs.
- The signal source resistance of thermocouple input and DC voltage input is ±2 voltage or less. The input resistance of DC voltage and thermocouple input is approx. 1 MΩ.
- The maximum input voltage of DC voltage input is ±2 voltage or less, whereas thermocouple has the maximum input voltage of ±10 Vdc.
- You can select the upscale burnout, downscale burnout, or no burnout for each input in a paperless recorder.
- A digital filter set for each input and insulation withstands 1000 vac or more voltage across each channel.
5. What are the display specifications of a paperless recorder?
- The paperless recorder has the display colors 12, a number of screens are 5, a number of channels per screen are 44, line thickness of 1, 3, or 5 dots, and 4 scales display.
- There is an auto/manual OFF function, and brightness can be adjusted in 4 steps. First, for replacing the LCD backlight, send the display back to the factory for repair.
- The display types include measurement data displays, historical trend displays, and information displays. In addition, a setting screen provides for alarms, arithmetic operations, system, maintenance, and communication.
- The time axis orientation is vertical or horizontal.
6. What are the recording specifications of the paperless recorder?
The paperless recorder has the following recording specifications:
- The flash memory has a capacity of 4 MB.
- The recording cycle has the range of 100, 200, and 500 ms. For example, when recording at 100, 200, or 500 ms, then three groups of 12 channels can be registered.
- When recording occurs at a cycle of 1s or more, 3 groups of 44 channels can be registered.
- The number of recorded files is 250 that are divided based on the number of groups.
- The recorded data has the measurement data details of the file name, and recording starts data/time, alarm type, and measurement data.
- For handling the binary format data, there is a requirement for an ARF data analysis tool.
7. What are the applications of paperless recorders?
The technology of paperless recorders is growing rapidly and is expected to grow further in the future. The usage of paperless is increasing because of the high demand for data loggers. The paperless recorder acquires and analyzes data efficiently and accurately. The benefit of a paperless recorder is that it does not require any paper that saves money, unlike chart recorders.
The paperless recorder has a wide range of applications in different industries, such as food manufacturing, pharmaceutical, semiconductor, etc. The color display of the paperless recorder supports 3 to 48 inputs which engineers and operators can easily use.
8. What are the advantages of the paperless recorder?
A paperless recorder is an effective tool that measures and records data without using any paper. There is software installed in the paperless recorder that generates data in the form of graphs or charts. The recorded data is then sending to the system, where analysts can monitor changes and take action. The paperless recorder offers many benefits to the users by recording data speedily and efficiently.
In industrial applications, it is vital to have reliable monitoring. The paperless recorder provides reliable record measurement with the advantage of process saving and documentation. In addition, it makes the accessibility of data more accessible for engineers to detect any fault and rectify it.
There is no need to do panic about the paper as a paperless recorder does not require any involvement of paper or pen. It not only provides accurate results in a limited period. You can rely on the authenticity of results based on the paperless recorder.
The results attained from the paperless recorder can be viewed at any time. You don’t need to have physical visits where the recorder is installed. It saves time and ensures the smooth working of the device. Due to the digital document management system, all your documents are stored in one place that makes it easier and faster to send them electronically to people.
Another benefit of the paperless recorder is that there is no limit to the storage of any document. All documents have a unique number that generates the audit trail automatically. As a result, you have easy accessibility to the company’s documents.
9. What are the disadvantages of the paperless recorder?
Although there are several advantages of the paperless recorder, there are certain limitations as well. The most and perhaps the only primary concern while using the paperless recorder is the security risks involved in using it. First, cyber security risk involves when you transfer your business documents into digital form. Second, the paperless recorder is vulnerable to hacking and damaging viruses.
The medical, financial, and legal industries use paperless recorders and contain sensitive information that could damage the company if it falls into the wrong hands. As a result, many companies install security software to protect the data. But this software is complicated as well as costly. Also, there is no guarantee that your data will be secure from cyber-attacks.
Another drawback of using the paperless recorder is storing all data on the hard drive and cloud storage. The problem arises when there is an online system, power supply, or internet connection. Then, you can’t access your data and important files.
Even though the paperless recorder is beneficial because of the paper cutting measures, global paper usage is not reducing. The paperless recorder reduces paper waste, but there is a need to dispose of the electronic equipment because this equipment carries dangerous chemicals and is made of plastic. If there is an improper way of disposing of it, its effects on the environment can be hazardous.
10. Why do companies need paperless recorders?
A paperless recorder is an effective tool to measure data over time. Over the years, paperless recorder devices are becoming more popular than analog chart recorders. It has one or more measuring channels and has digitally adjustable inputs. There is specific kind of sensors attached with the paperless recorder which keeps the price of the device low. The paperless recorder with the feature of digitally acceptable inputs is more beneficial yet costly.
Companies need to have a paperless recorder to ensure a reliable method of collecting and storing data. During the operation, the operator needs to verify the operation by checking the chart regularly. The digital construction of the paperless recorder makes it easier to use it in many tasks. It allows you to link different measuring channels. The paperless recorder is applicable in the pharmaceutical, food, or chemical industry.
Although traditional paper recorders are still in use, paperless recorder allows faster and comprehensive recording of data.
11. What is the working principle of a paperless recorder?
Paperless recorder is part of various process monitoring applications. It consists of an industrial microprocessor, A/D converter, random memory RAM, read-only memory ROM, keyboard controller, an alarm circuit, clock circuit, liquid crystal display, and other parts. It has a single chip microprocessor that collects and processes various data. The recorded data is sent to the RAM and shown to the LCD.
The recorded signal is compared with the upper and lower limit signals. An alarm signal will be issued once the alarm is exceeded. The A/D converter changes the analog quantity into digital quality to perform arithmetic processing. You can store the data for as much time as you want. There is the option of a backup power supply which ensures that the data will not be lost in case of power failure.
When the data exceeds the limit, the signal is sent by the CPU that generates an alarm. In addition, the paperless recorder is equipped with a print controller and a communication controller.
12. What are the features of universal input paperless recorder?
The paperless recorder is an innovative device that record, analyze and store data. The R7100 paperless recorder has a powerful display function, graph display, alarm display, real-time curve display, and power down list display with the features of the touch function and additional function of the dual communication function.
The universal input paperless recorder supports the tag and unit and communication collection function’s custom editing function with a 7 inch LCD with real-time display. The input specification has the maximum support of 16 analog points.
13. What are the functions of a paperless recorder?
A paperless recorder measures, records, and displays the data on LCD by storing it in a compact flash. The input such as thermocouple and resistance bulb is set to the maximum of 18 channels. The recording functions of the paperless recorder are:
- It has the external memory media of a compact flash card.
- The recording capacity of the paperless recorder is 2 GB maximum.
- If the display refresh cycle is 1 second, it is better to limit to recording file to 64 MB.
- The recording method has the REC key button. Turning ON allows the data to be written at fixed cycles.
- The trend display screen is set to about one minute.
- The alarm data, message data, and power ON data are saved when the power turns off.
- Totalizing value data is recorded per channel. Also, the total is saved in the totalizing file. Thus, you can decide which file you want to record.
- If there is a sudden power failure during the totalization, the totalization starts from the power before collapse once the power is restored.
14. What do you need to look at while purchasing a paperless recorder?
Mostly the paperless recorders available in the market have similar sizes and accuracies. As a result, they have almost the same functions and capabilities. However, there are some key features to consider making sure that you purchase the best product to meet your needs.
There is an option of adding the new features and functions in the paperless recorder. So the options can be added easily when new functionality is needed. The data is stored electronically in the paperless recorder, and you get the digital data printed on the charts. So the security concern arises. For adding security, you can purchase the paperless recorder with a login capability to save your records.
You should also add the software feature to your paperless recorder. It will allow the recorder configuration from your PC and to view the recorder’s save files.
15. Is a paperless recorder a beneficial investment?
The paperless recorder allows information in digital versions, which enables managers to manage the data. Initially, the introduction of the paperless recorder has faced resistance, but now it has been accepted widely. Nonetheless, the paperless recorder is an effective method of measuring and recording process data.
For any industrial application, it is rational to invest in the paperless recorder. It is the most reliable method of collecting, monitoring, and storing data. Furthermore, a paperless recorder is an innovative alternative to the traditional charts. There is no need for paper, pen, and periodic rounds as everything will be managed from the central location through a network connection.
16. How is the mounting and wiring of the paperless recorder done?
The paperless recorder is installed indoors. While installing it, the following characteristics need to be followed:
- Install the paperless recorder in the ambient temperature with the humidity of 23°C.
- The environment should be dust-free, clean, and free of smoke.
- I should not be subject to excessive vibrations and shocks.
- The paperless recorder should not be installed near any magnetic or electrical fields.
- It should be placed near flammable gas or liquid.
- The paperless recorder should not be placed in direct contact with sunlight.
- If you want to prevent the deformation of the front panel, avoid an airtight enclosure.
17. What are the handling precautions of the paperless recorder?
Following are the handling precautions of the paperless recorder:
- Use a single-phase power supply with stable voltage to prevent malfunction.
- Do not place the input/output wires closer to the high voltage circuits.
- The torque should be tightened at 1.0 Nm. Excessive tightening of the mounting bracket can deform or damage the case.
- In mounting, avoid tilting the top surface to more than 20°C. Also, do not tilt it to the left or right side.
- Mount the paperless recorder to the steel plate that is 2 to 6mm thick.
18. What is the installation method of the paperless recorder?
To install the paperless recorder, put the instrument in front of the dashboard with a 12mm steel plate. Installation of the paperless recorder should be done with a mounting bracket carried by the instrument. For wiring, it is highly recommended to use a pressure line terminal with an insulating sleeve.
For preventing the electric shock, do not turn ON the instrument before connecting the signal line. Instead, use the double insulated wire to prevent fire. Separate the measurement circuit from the power circuit or ground loops.
19. How to do the inspection and testing of the paperless recorder?
Before purchasing the paperless recorder, it is important to do the proper testing and inspection of the instrument in front of the purchaser. It is also the right of the purchaser to do any additional inspection and testing as they deem necessary. The bidder needs to provide the details of inspection and testing.
- The testing and inspection of the paperless recorder include:
- Functional checks and verification of all the features of the paperless recorder
- Calibration, performance, and operational checks of alarm units
- Visual examination and dimensional checks
- Checking the logging rate accuracy and chart speed accuracy
- Checking the connectivity and familiarization
The material of the paperless recorder should be of high quality and must follow acceptable quality standards. In addition, the material should be guaranteed for high performance and against any manufacturing defects for 18 months from the day of receipt of material.
The paperless recorder has become an essential part of various process monitoring applications. It can input thermal resistance, thermocouple, standard voltage, frequency, and other signals.
At BCST, we provide different designs of paperless recorders at excellent prices. If you plan to purchase a paperless recorder for your application, contact our experts, and we will offer you an excellent price for the product.