BCST pneumatic butterfly valve consists of a manual butterfly valve and a pneumatic actuator.
- Economic advantage
- Lightweight and compact housing
- Conformity to international standards
- Wide application in various industries
- Easy installation
- Convenient maintenance
High Quality Pneumatic Butterfly Valve Manufacturer
BCST pneumatic butterfly valve consists of a manual butterfly valve and a pneumatic actuator.
The manual butterfly valve body can be centric or eccentric type. The connection can be wafer, flange, or lug type. The valve body includes cast iron, carbon steel, stainless steel. The valve seat has a soft seal or metal seal. BCST can make a wide range of pneumatic butterfly valve solutions based on various application conditions.
BCST pneumatic butterfly valve can be used in high pressure and temperature situation, we can make a metal seal or laminated sheet with sound sealing performance.
BCST pneumatic butterfly valve has a disc inside the valve, the flowing fluid is controlled in the pipeline system by rotation of the disc. The butterfly valve stem drives the disc rotating 90° to realize full open and full close action.
BCST is your best partner for pneumatic butterfly valve.
Your Expert for Pneumatic Butterfly Valve from China
Full package of Pneumatic Butterfly Valve Solution
BCST has cooperated with famous brands for pneumatic actuators in the domestic and overseas markets. We produce valves in various body types, sizes based on the client’s application, The max size can reach 2000mm.
BCST manufacture pneumatic butterfly valve on high-quality standard material and follow API standard. BCST is ready to welcome third-party inspection.
Welcome to send us an inquiry.
Other Related Butterfly Valve
One-step Pneumatic Butterfly Valve Solution Supplier
- Material test certificates
- Performance test procedure
- Hydrostatic test reports
- Seat leakage and actuator leakage test
- Radiographic test reports
- Liquid Penetration test reports
- Sound Noise Reduction
- Anti-Cavitation Valve Trims
- Outstanding Vibration
- High-pressure Rating
- Big size Available
- Digital Isolation Solution
- Sound protective packaging
Pneumatic Butterfly Valve- A Complete Guide
BCST is manufacturing valves professionally with the usage of high-quality products and maintaining standards. We have experience of more than 30 years in supplying and manufacturing different valves such as butterfly valves, ball valves, globe valves, and gate valves. These butterfly valves are available with the pneumatic actuator to handle and benefit the medium in applications.
Following are the answers to the questions that come to mind while using the pneumatic butterfly valve:
Q1 – What is a pneumatic butterfly valve?
The pneumatic butterfly valves are simple valves which as the disc and work as a shutter. It moves with an axis in the body. This kind of butterfly valve is specially designed to deliver a higher level of resistance while dealing with foreign materials. There are different components present in the pneumatic butterfly valve that is constructed from stainless steel. The pneumatic butterfly valve is helpful in a variety of applications for mechanically increasing efficiency. It operates very well in water-related applications for intercepting the water in the best ways. Furthermore, the pneumatic butterfly valve is helpful while working with pipelines of larger diameters.
Q3 – Who are the manufacturers of pneumatic butterfly valves?
Different countries manufacture pneumatic butterfly valves, including China, Austria, UK, India, and United Kingdom. BCST is not only manufacturing but as well supplying pneumatic butterfly valves to different parts of the world. These valves are available in different sizes according to the performance and requirements. Our pneumatic butterfly valve range from flange connection, wafer, sanitary, and triple eccentric butterfly valve. It helps to fasten the functionalities and is simple to use. Every unit passes through from inspection and later deliver after the testing phase. The cost of a pneumatic butterfly valve is lower than the electric actuator.
Q4 – What is the working principle of the pneumatic butterfly valve?
The pneumatic butterfly valve is a type of pneumatic valve that takes the help of a butterfly plate for rotation. The circular shape of the plate helps in opening and closing the pneumatic butterfly valve. Its primary purpose is to regulate the valve in sections. A pneumatic butterfly valve controls the flow, but you need to choose the size and type according to your requirements. The thickness of the butterfly plate becomes resistant whenever the fluid is flowing the body of the valve. Then the pressure drops in the pneumatic butterfly valve. This kind of valve is suitable mainly for pipelines with large and medium calipers.
Q5 – What are the features of the pneumatic butterfly valve?
- The size of the pneumatic butterfly value is small and lighter in weight. So, the process of reassembling and repairing is easy. This is because you can install a pneumatic butterfly value at any position.
- The whole structure of the pneumatic butterfly value is compact, and the size of the working torque is small. Even the rotation at 90 degrees angles is high-speed.
- The flow of the medium is straightforward, and performance is good in terms of regulation.
- The outer circular portion of the butterfly plate becomes spherical. It helps in improving the performance of the sealing and increases the lifespan of the pneumatic butterfly valve.
- You can also coat the butterfly plate according to your applications like nylon and polytetrafluoroethylene.
Q6 – What are the specifications of a pneumatic butterfly valve?
|Temperature||0 degrees Celsius- 200 degrees Celsius|
|Body of pneumatic butterfly valve||the casting of iron and steel|
|The seat of a pneumatic butterfly valve||Integration in the body and the texture is soft.|
|Material of nuts||Brass|
|Follower of gland||Made of cast iron, cast steel, and iron in a ductile state|
|Material of handwheel||Cast steel and cast iron|
|Ends of a pneumatic butterfly valve||Lugged|
|Port||Round one is standard. V-port and diamond port are optional.|
Q7- What are the advantages of a pneumatic butterfly valve?
- The structure of the pneumatic butterfly valve is simple and good at interchangeability.
- The cost of a pneumatic butterfly valve is low.
- The steam of the seal doesn’t deform and prevents leakage. The whole supports the system of the pneumatic butterfly valve is good, has stability, and his firm.
- Due to fewer rubber seats, there are few spaces left for expansion, and you can control the torque easily in the particular range.
- The board of the butterfly works automatically and matches with the seat of the valve.
- It is very convenient to maintain and disassemble the pneumatic butterfly valve.
- The back seat of the valve stops leakage and is easy to replace. You can adjust only in the open position.
Q8 – What are the reasons for the slow action of the pneumatic butterfly valve?
- The air pressure from the source is insufficient: You need to increase the air pressure from the source and store it in the air tank. It helps in preventing the fluctuations existing in the pressure.
- The torque is small in size of the pneumatic rotatory actuator: You can increase the AT specification of a pneumatic actuator.
- The assembling of the pneumatic butterfly valve parts is too tight: There is a need to refit and adjust the torque of the valve.
- The increase of friction in the cylinder and causing fluctuations: Requirement of proper lubrication.
- Returning of signals to the pneumatic butterfly valve without any signal from the power circuit: Repairing the power circuit and replacing the microswitch is essential.
Q9 – What are the troubleshooting issues related to the pneumatic butterfly valve?
- The disc is not completely open or close. It is just due to some irrelevant material present in the compartment.
- Unnecessary closing and opening of the torque. It shows that the pneumatic butterfly valve is not working correctly. Sometimes harmful chemicals and high temperatures cause damage to the gaskets. It also happens because of no proper alignment between the valves and sockets.
- The valves are not tight because the screws of the flange are loose. The pneumatic butterfly valve is receiving high pressure, and the temperature is not within the range.
- The pneumatic butterfly valve is not opening and closing since air pressure is absent. Even the stroke of the actuator doesn’t fit on the valve. Even the torque of the valve is more than the estimated one.
- The position of the pneumatic butterfly valve is not changing. However, due to the pressure impurities or air not being filtered, the solenoid value operates improperly.
Q10 – What are the solutions to resolve the issues in the pneumatic butterfly valve?
- For any issues, first, there is a need to disassemble the valve. Next, check all the barriers existing in the disc and are connecting with the gaskets. Finally, make sure you lubricate the sealing of the gaskets.
- Keep checking the compatibility of the liquid present in the disc —tight all the flanges and replacement of the gasket.
- Arrange all the valves in the proper arrangement and tight the torque correctly.
- Check the supply of the air receiving to the actuator and control the limitations according to the specifications.
- Inspect the valve malfunctioning and add a piece of equipment for filtering the air receiving as input.
- Replace the solenoid valve, contact the technical team of the manufacturer and choose the most suitable one.
Q11- What are the uses of a pneumatic butterfly valve?
- The pneumatic butterfly valve helps in treating wastage, plastics, and textiles.
- The industries of food, sugar, distilling, brewing, and processing chemicals use a pneumatic butterfly valve.
- This kind of value is also useful in the industries of drilling, transportation, and construction.
- The pneumatic butterfly valve supports circulating the cool and heating the water along with the air conditioning. It is suitable for vacuum applications as well.
The irrigation markets take assistance from the pneumatic butterfly valve. Mostly, this valve is suitable for heating and ventilation purposes.
The pneumatic butterfly valve can isolate the aggressive gases in the processes. The location of the pneumatic butterfly valve is in between the process chamber and pump.
Q12 – What are the maintenance tips for a pneumatic butterfly valve?
- Keep checking the condition of the gasket regularly. Grease the sealing of the gasket to stay in contact with the disc.
- Move the pneumatic butterfly valve periodically to avoid the lock during the close position. Do pass the liquid from the pneumatic butterfly valve during proceeding towards the installation.
- If you are replacing the gaskets, empty all the pipes and release the pressure from the system.
- Check all the safety precautions of every product, along with the standards of pressure and temperature.
- Before the installation of the new gasket, inspect the condition of O-rings. Then, fix the gasket and arrange it to align with the shaft.
Q13 – What are the installation requirements of a pneumatic butterfly valve?
- Before starting the installation process, select the right model of pneumatic butterfly valve, and there is no resistance in the solenoid valve.
- Close the cylinder and both sides of the pneumatic butterfly valve. After installation of the cylinder must check the alignment of the holes in the screw. And if you see any deviation, then turn the cylinder to tight the screw.
- Must check all the pipelines so there are no particles in the pipeline.
- Keep the opening and closing of the pneumatic butterfly valve‘s body at a moderate level. Make sure that the torque of the pneumatic butterfly value is according to the torque of the actuator.
- Install the flange of the pipe with the pneumatic butterfly valve.
Q14 – What are the characteristics of a pneumatic butterfly valve?
Actuatorà the use of hard-anodized aluminum helps in making the actuator. In addition, this material helps in preventing corrosion.
Pinionà nickel gets a coat of steel for constructing the pinion. It is useful in decreasing friction to a large extent.
Shaftà is the AISI 430 stainless steel and the material that is not moist.
Pistonà POM material is essential in making pistons due to its being more durable than aluminum.
Discàthe manufacturing is from zinc with the covering of steel or ductile iron zinc coating of the stainless steel.
Body of pneumatic butterfly valveà the ductile iron with the epoxy layer helps make the pneumatic butterfly valve. This material also stops corrosion.
Q15- What is the difference between a pneumatic butterfly valve and an electric butterfly valve?
Pneumatic butterfly valve: The pneumatic butterfly valve uses compressed air for power. It is suitable for gas and liquid medium whose diameter is small. The cost of a pneumatic butterfly valve is low and requires less maintenance. Unfortunately, the air pressure causes fluctuations in the pneumatic butterfly valve and affects the medium during transmission. The pneumatic butterfly valve is faster as compared to the electric butterfly valve.
Electric butterfly valve: The electric butterfly valve uses a motor for power. It is the best choice for the liquid medium and can handle gas with a large diameter. The electric butterfly valve is not affected by any climatic changes and the pressure level in the air compressor. However, the cost of an electric butterfly valve is high and doesn’t work properly in a humid environment.
Q16 – What are the parts of the pneumatic butterfly valve?
- Indicator screwàmade up of plastic
- Indicatoràmade up of plastic
- Spring clipàmade up of stainless steel
- Washer of thrustàmade up of stainless steel
- Outer side washeràmade up of engineering plastic
- Bodyàthe extruded ally of aluminum
- Bearing on the topàmade up of engineering plastic
- Inner side washeràmade up of engineering plastic
- O-ring on the topàNBR
- Camàmade up of alloy steel
- Pinionàmade up of alloy steel
- O-ring from the bottom sideàengineering plastic
- Bearing from the bottomàNBR
- PluggingàNBY (2)
- Adjustment of the screw (O-ring)àNBY (2)
- Adjusting the washer of the screwàmade up of stainless steel (2)
- Adjusting nut and screwà made up of stainless steel (2)
- Fixing of the screwàmade up of stainless steel (2)
- Pistonàcasting of aluminum (2)
- Guiding of the piston àengineering plastic (2)
- The bearing of the piston àengineering plastic (2)
- O-ring of the piston àNBY (2)
- Springàmade up of sping stell for dip coating
- O-ring of the end capàNBY (2)
- End-capàcasting aluminium
- The screw of the capàmade up of stainless steel (8)
- Stopping of the screwàmade up of stainless steel (2)
- Stopping the nuts and screwàmade up of stainless steel (2)
Q17 – What are the technical details of the pneumatic butterfly valve?
|Temperature||Less than 120 degrees Celsius|
|The medium to flow||Water, natural gas, alcohols, oil, air, salt, and alkalis|
|Pneumatic actuator||Single-acting and double-acting|
|Limit switch||ON and OFF (two-ways and three ways)|
|Solenoid valve||AC220V, AC24 V, DC 24 V, DC 12V, AC 380V|
Q19 – What is a sanitary pneumatic butterfly valve with tri-clamp ends?
It is the type of pneumatic butterfly valve along with a tri-clamp at the ends. It is helpful in the process of pipes for controlling and isolating purposes. It works automatically through the vertical actuator. You can handle sanitary pneumatic butterfly valves with tri-clamps manually, pneumatic actuator, or electric actuator, and they are also interchangeable. There are several selections available at the end connections. This kind of pneumatic butterfly valve is mainly suitable for medium and low viscosity types of fluids. The pneumatic actuator made of stainless steel is the vertical type, and the other one made up of aluminum is the horizontal type.
Q20 – What is the operation of an actuator in a pneumatic butterfly valve?
- Returning of spring to open and close the valve: usually, the valve is closed when there is no air supply. The valve opens when the actuator supplies the air. If the supply of the pressurized air escapes, it closes the valve due to internal springs in the actuator.
- Dual-action of the valve: there is a need for a solenoid valve for opening and closing the pneumatic butterfly valve. It helps in maintaining the electrical signals at the time of opening the valve.
- Box of limit switch: The limit switch is mount at the actuator to ensure the position of the pneumatic butterfly valve.
For many years, BCST exists in the market of pneumatic butterfly valves. There is a wide variety of valves according to the sizes and materials. You can place your order from our official website. We will deliver you no matter where you are. Even, receive all information related to pneumatic butterfly valve by calling on this number: 8651786989565 and you can mail us as well on: firstname.lastname@example.org.