- Small and lightweight
- Reliable performance, safety guarantee
- Precision wears resistance and high strength, and good wear resistance
- Minimal backlash and high transmission accuracy
- 24 VDC, 220 VAC, 380V, DC power supply available
- With electronic brake function
- With error code fault function
BCST your Expert Electric Actuator Supplier in China
BCST electric actuator is a device that can create the movement of a load or an action requiring a force, using an electric motor to make the necessary force.
It is found in various industrial applications such as the automotive industry and the food and beverage industry.
BCST has been in the manufacturing and exporting business for over 20 years. Being listed as a national brand, you will get the most professional service from us. BCST will help you choose the most appropriate model by providing a model selection guide before you order to avoid the wrong model selection.
We aimed to help 1000 small companies develop into a big brand in their local market.
Welcome to contact us for more information.
Best Electric Actuator Solution for Your Project
BCST electric actuator has an overall value in use. It is found in various industries such as the automotive, food, and beverage industries.
BCST offers 3810 series electronic type electric actuator, using 220V AC single-phase power as drive power. This is a safe electric actuator accepting computer controller signal to operate. Its key part “controller” adopts an advanced hybrid integrated circuit.
With abundant experience in various industries, BCST is your one-stop instrumentation and valve solution.
Welcome to visit our factory.
Other Ralated Valve
Your Best Electric Actuator Manufacturer from China
Excellent power to size, performance-packed electric actuators take the valve automation industry to the next level. Features include rugged motor integral to the actuator housing, all-metal gears, manual override for emergency hand operation, visual valve position indicator, and Type 4X/IP67 weatherproof enclosure. On-Off units include two auxiliary dry contact limit switches used to confirm valve position. An Anti-condensation heater is standard and will help protect against condensation build-up inside the actuator.
Electric actuator uses power-to-open and power-to-close, stays in the last known position with loss of power. On receipt of a continuous voltage signal, the motor runs and via a rugged all metal gear system rotates 90º. The motor is automatically stopped by internal cams striking limit switches. On receipt of a reversing continuous signal, the motor turns in the opposite direction reversing the output drive position. Actuators with EPS positioner use an analog input signal to control the drive output position. Rugged self-locking all metal gear train eliminates the need for additional braking.
|Enclosure||Anti-corrosive durable painted aluminum alloy, Type 4X/ IP67|
|Output Drive||ISO5211 aluminum alloy, female double square|
|Visual Position Indicator||Yellow with transparent clear dome cover|
|Gears||Heat-treated steel and aluminum bronze, self-locking|
|Electrical Connections||Terminal strip, cable connectors, optional 1/2” NPT adapters|
|Manual Override||Standard hex wrench (included) with protective cover|
|EPS Positioner Models||The fully potted control module|
Industrial quality electric actuators are typically used to automate quarter turn (90º) ball valves, butterfly valves, and dampers. The electric actuator is quick and easy to install with standard ISO5211 multi-flange mounting and a double square drive.
An electric actuator is widely used t convert electricity into kinetic energy to drive multiple industrial processes. It is available in customizable sizes and dimensions to make it reliable for numerous industries. It comes in two basic types, including rotator electric actuator and linear electric actuator.
BCST is the leading manufacturer of the flowmeter, electric actuator and a variety of instruments and our products are used and various industrial applications. Our company has ISO 9001:2000, ISO 14001, ISO 28001, ATEX, CE, RoHS, and SIL2.
This guide contains comprehensive information about components, working, advantages, and capabilities of an electric actuator offered by BCST.
Q# 1 What Is An Electric Actuator?
An electric actuator is a mechanical device that helps to convert electricity into kinetic energy. This conversion occurs either in single linear or rotatory motion, increasing the process efficiency and complexity by automating dampers and valves. An electric actuator varies in size and dimension based on its intended application. Its components work synergistically to achieve the optimum function without disturbing its functionality. In automation technology, an electric actuator is massively used because of its increased decentralization capacities. The electric actuators have become very common in multiple household and industrial applications for delicate and refined movements.
Q# 2How Does An Electric Actuator Work?
It is driven by 200 single-phase AC supplies. Its regulator provides a control signal of 20mA DC4~ or DCI~ 5V. This power is sufficient to drive all the functions, and the rotation of the spindle or rotor creates rotator motion. It is directly linked to the helical screw through the drive shaft. Their rotation rotates the ball screw nut, driving a forward and backward force along the helical screw. It creates a linear motion as the motor rotates in the clockwise or anti-clockwise direction. An electric drive controls the rotation and linear speed of the actuator. The power of the motor determines the amount of generated torque.
Q# 3: What Are The Working Components Of An Electric Actuator?
It is mounted on the top of the motor. It prevents valve opening and locks the motor rotor in a specific position when not in use.
An electric actuator with an AC motor has a start capacitor. It provides sufficient power to start a motor. However, an electric actuator with DC power does not need a start capacitor.
Single-Pole, Double Throw (SPDT):
An electric actuator contains two single-poles, double-throw limit switches. These switches are used for closed and open positions. One of them is used for closed position while the other one is used for opened position.
The single-phase electric actuator requires a voltage supply of 12 VAC, 24 VAC, 24 VDC, 115 VAC, 208 VAC, & 230 VAC. Likewise, a three-phase electric actuator uses a voltage supply of 230 VAC & 460 VAC.
Q# 4: What Are The Applications Of An Electric Actuator?
An electric actuator is used in multiple industries, including:
- Wastewater treatment plants
- Food and beverages industry
- Light industry
- Environmental protection
- Pulp and paper plant industry
- Power plants
- Material handling
- Agriculture machinery
- Solar panel operations cutting equipment
- Window automation
- Upstream, midstream, and downstream oil & gas power plants
- Several non-industrial applications
Need to use an electric actuator for other intended applications, please let us know. You can get personalized electric actuators to meet the requirements of your project.
Q# 5: Why Do We Need A Start Capacitor & A Brake On An Electric Actuator?
A start capacitor provides enough power to start a motor on an AC voltage electric actuator. The energized brake is used to hold the engine in its place during closed position. If an electric actuator’s butterfly valve or damper is not equipped with a brake, it forces the media within pipes to push the valves, leading to the opening. In this condition, an electric actuator detects opened valves and rotates back to close them completely. This action is repeated over and over until the media is being pushed into the valve. As a result, these rotations damage the motor and actuator.
Q# 6: What Are The Capabilities Of An Electric Actuator?
An ultra-efficient electric actuator includes the following capabilities:
The lightweight electric actuators work at a very high speed. Hence, speed metrics should be considered before buying an electric actuator.
An electric actuator is highly durable because it is made of high-quality materials suitable for efficient working under a critical working environment.
An electric actuator is highly energy-efficient and saves production costs. Hence, it becomes more reliable for multiple industrial applications.
An electric actuator maintains static load torque dynamic load torque at optimum level to maintain efficient working conditions.
Q# 7: How To Choose The Best Electric Actuator?
The selection of an electric actuator is based on its application.
- First, identify your industrial requirements and assess the required movement for the project.
- Determine the energy input suited for individual work because an electric actuator varies in input voltage supply.
- Assess the required precision level and ability to repeat the same cycle many times.
- Determine the amount of force and load capacity required for working an electric actuator.
- Measure the speed of an electric actuator for non-stop working.
- Consider the operating environment, including dirt, humidity, acidic or alkali conditions, and oil-based surroundings.
- Check the mounting style to maintain accurate working without disturbing its efficiency.
Q# 8: What If Motor Can’t Start Up & How To Settle It?
Following are some possible reasons if a motor can’t startup:
- Very low voltage or it is not up to accordant
- Broken wires
- Poor connectivity among motor plugs, potentiometer, or capacitance
- Error in the input signal
You can correct it by following the below-mentioned points:
- Inspection and correction of voltage
- Reducing temperature and maintaining optimum frequency
- Replacing or connecting wires
- Maintain capacitance and connectivity of the system
- Analyze and inspect all the input switches
However, you can ask our experts to determine the possible causes of malfunctioning and correct them.
Q# 9: What Are The Causes Of Malfunctioning When Motor Can’t Stop& How To Set It?
When a motor cannot stop even the switch has reached its limitation point, the following are the potential causes of failure:
- Irregular adjustment in the upper or lower positioning cams
- Malfunctioning of the positional switches
- Poor configuration in the positioning switches
The reasons mentioned above for malfunction can be solved by:
- Readjustment and proper adjustment of positioning cams
- Replacement of the positional switches
- Accurately connecting the wires of positioning switches
However, you must accurately inspect all components of an electric actuator before installing it at multiple electric appliances. Contact us for more information!
Q# 10: What Is A Rotatory Electric Actuator?
A rotatory electric actuator uses butterfly, ball, and plug valves to rotate from open to close. The electromagnetic power is responsible for the rotation of components producing multiple stops during each stroke. For rotation, a table or circular shaft is used. This rotatory motion creates a torque that is the actual amount of force required to rotate an object. In this way, the desired amount of rotatory movement is achieved. It exerts specific speed, intensity, force, and direction to control the rotation. The electric rotatory actuators are designed to test various pieces of equipment used in different machines and structures.
Q# 11: What Is A Linear Electric Actuator?
A linear electric actuator produces linearized motions by converting rotational motions into linear motions. Its main components include a spindle, motor, and gears. The motor of a linear electric actuator is either AC or DC, depending on the type of power supply. It provides safe and clean movements with complete operational control. Pneumatic and hydraulic valves power the movements. A linear electric actuator is suitable for multiple applications, including tilting, pulling, pushing, lifting, and many other uses. Please let us know if you want to design a customized linear electric actuator for a particular purpose. Everything is just one call ahead!
Q# 12: How To Connect A Linear Electric Actuator?
Prepare All Connectivity Wires:
Usually, wires are exposed at the end. Strip back all the exposed wires before connecting to a pin connector.
Connect All The Wires:
Twist the right exposed wire and connect the blue-colored wire to the 4-pin connector. However, wires come in other colors and can be connected accordingly.
Plug-In The Connector:
Now wires are all ready to set. Plugin the control box into the power socket. It creates a circuit for the flow of electric current.
Q# 13: What Are Two Common Ways To Mount An Electric Actuator?
There are two best methods for mounting an electric actuator. It includes:
Dual Pivot Mounting:
This method of mounting allows fixing an actuator on both sides with a mounting point. Dual pivot mounting provides sufficient space for both mounting points to rotate. However, make sure that there is enough room to turn, extend, or retract the actuator while mounting.
In this method, an electric actuator is mounted in a stationary position by fixing a shaft mounting bracket to fix it. However, make sure that the mounting apparatus can handle the load of the shaft.
Q# 14: What Are The Advantages Of Using An Electric Actuator?
Following are some essential benefits of using an electric actuator.
- An electric actuator is easy, simple, and quick to integrate, install, and assemble.
- It provides a high level of precision in controlling the motion.
- An electric actuator is a safer, more convenient, and cleaner option in different industrial machines and instruments.
- It requires less maintenance, is reliable in challenging working environments, and costs less.
- It is not susceptible to leakage and contamination.
- An electric actuator is easy to modify torque, speed, and force for efficient working.
- It is relatively easy to operate.
Q# 15: What Are The Disadvantages Of Using An Electric Actuator?
Although an electric actuator includes a lot of benefits, it involves some of its disadvantages. Here is a list of its disadvantages:
- An electric actuator requires a higher initial equipment cost.
- It is sensitive to vibrations produced in the area of installation.
- It requires more complex technology for manufacturing.
- When it works at high speed, it has less thrust and vice versa.
However, its advantages have overcome all the disadvantages. If you want to choose the right type of electric actuator, please let us know. Get complete guidance from our experts!
Q# 16: How You Can Order A Customized Electric Actuator?
You can order a customized electric actuator in a very simple way. You can place orders in bulk or single form as per the requirements of your project. Please note that the amount of a customized electric actuator is based on your shared specifications. However, share your specifications, including piston and rod bearing, spindle, piston rod, profile barrel, ball screw nut, spindle bearing, brake, start capacitor, driveshaft, valve, single-poles & double-throw limit switches, and voltage supply. Being equipped with the latest machinery, we monitor all details to meet your requirements. Stay in touch with us to get a personalized opinion!
Q# 17: How Much Time Is Required For Manufacturing Of A Customized Electric Actuator?
The number of days required for manufacturing a customized electric actuator depends on your shared specifications. Usually, it takes ten business days after confirmation of order. Once you share your specifications, our expert engineers evaluate them to design a customized strategy. After getting approval from your side, we immediately start working on it. All customized products are tested to check their credibility. These testing methods are internationally accepted. Generally, the high-quality packaging material is used for hassle-free shipment of all products. Reach out to us to get more information about an electric actuator.
Q# 18: What Is The Average Price Of An Electric Actuator?
The average price of an electric actuator, including all components, varies from $100 to $3000. However, a high-performance electric actuator is approximately 0.5% to 1% accurate. Although an electric actuator is a bit expensive than other products, it delivers the best performance and we never compromise on quality for the sake of money. Usually, low-cost products are less durable and require more maintenance. If you want to get more pricing-related information, please get in touch with us today. You can also get a free estimate for customized electric actuator products. However, the estimated prices are based on the current market rates and shared specifications.
Q# 19: How To Increase Durability Of An Electric Actuator?
- You must follow these simple suggestions to increase the durability and shelf life of an electric actuator.
- Go for regular maintenance to reduce the production cost and replacement capabilities.
- Always check the working environment conditions to boost productivity.
- Always ensure the appropriate working of all components of an electric actuator to reduce downtime.
- Regularly clean all wires, valves, pipes, and electrodes.
- Be alarming to determine any spike in the delivery of electric current and generation of motion.
You can contact our professional engineers to get some valuable tips for increasing the shelf life of an electric actuator.
Q# 20: Why Choose Our High-Quality Electric Actuator?
You can get a range of electric actuators to meet your industrial requirements. The high-quality electric actuator improves efficiency and is suitable for multiple industrial applications. Being equipped with state-of-the-art machinery, every manufacturing process step is monitored to ensure the highest quality products. Furthermore, all the electric actuators are available at competitive market rates to establish the trust of our customers. We are dedicated to providing outstanding, timely services to our customers. Don’t hesitate to get in touch with us to get more information about an electric actuator. Please keep visiting our official website for more exciting news!
Q# 21: How To Install An Electric Actuator?
Follow these simple steps to install an electric actuator:
- Open all the valves manually and remove the mechanical valve stops.
- Make sure that the valve and electric actuator are in the same position.
- Then, install all the mounting hardware on the valve and do not tighten the bolts. After this, mount the actuator to the valve and tighten all bolts and valves.
- Now remove the cover of the actuator.
- Follow an appropriate wiring diagram for wiring the actuator.
- Turn on the power supply to the actuator.
- First, operate the valve to close the position. Then, operate the valve to open the position.
- Check the alignments.
- Replace the covers of the screw and secure them.
Q# 22: What Are The Possible Causes & Solutions If Moisture Or Corrosion Is Present Inside An Electric Actuator?
Following are the main reasons for moisture or corrosion inside an electric actuator:
- Incorrectly installed or missing gasket seal
- Entry of water
- The electric actuator’s cover was removed under high humidity or rain
- Improperly attached bolts
- High humid environment
Following are the solutions for avoiding moisture or corrosion inside an electric actuator:
- Replace inaccurately installed or missing gasket seal
- Check conduit entry and re-seal it
- Install a desiccant package to avoid humidity or water entry
- Tighten all the covers and bolts
- Use a heater or thermostat in humid environments
Q# 23: What Are The Possible Reasons When An Electric Actuator Does Not Stop At The Desired Position?
Following are the common reasons if an electric actuator does not stop at the desired position:
- Improper adjustment or setting of cams limits the actuator rotation. Adjust or set the cam to start accurate rotation.
- Loose screw set or cam. Adjust or set all screws and cams.
- Improper working of limit switch. Inspect and replace the limit switch.
- Wiring of limit switches in the reverse direction. Inspect and reset the wiring operation.
If you are facing this problem, you can contact our experienced engineer to get a one-stop solution for your problems.
Q# 24: What Are The Possible Reasons When An Electric Actuator Does Not Operate?
Following are some reasons for the failure of operation of an electric actuator:
- Thermal overload. Decrease operating frequency or allow it to cool down.
- Incorrectly connected or loosened capacitor. Inspect and re-check the wiring diagram to correct the capacitor connection.
- Disconnected or loosened wires, switches, or other leads. Inspect and evaluate all connections.
- Loosen or disconnected wires at the terminal block. Check the connectivity of wires.
- Inoperable or damaged motor. Check voltage and replace motor assembly.
- Inappropriate temperature or working conditions. Use a heater or thermostat.
- Incorrectly installed or loosen wiring boards, control boards, and optional components. Replace or reinstall all connections.
Q# 25: What Are The Requirements For Indoor & Outdoor Installation Of An Electric Actuator?
For Indoor Installation:
- If there is explosive material inside the room, do not install a non-explosive-proof electric actuator there.
- Install a protective covering on all parts of an electric actuator where rain or splashing is observed.
- Make a special space for the installation of an electric actuator.
For Outdoor Installation:
- To avoid rain or direct sunlight, please install a protective covering.
- Make a required room for wiring or required operations.
The Bottom Line:
I hope that you have got detailed information about an electric actuator. An electric actuator helps to adapt machines for flexible processes, provides extremely accurate control, and requires less operational cost. It is the appropriate option when it comes where multiple positioning points are needed.
Please keep visiting our website to find exciting deals for electric actuators! For quick quotations, an online form is also available on the website of BCST. Contact us through direct call at +86 517 86989565 or email us at: email@example.com. Please place your order of electric actuator now and get it to deliver for your application with seven working days.