Professional Oval Gear Flowmeter Manufacturer
BCST oval gear flow meter is used for the continuous and intermittent volume flow measurement of the pipe liquid flow, it is typical of a positive displacement flow meter. It is suitable for harsh environments, such as oil & gas, marine-based on its simple and robust structure design. It has high accuracy and good stability without affecting by medium temperature, viscosity, and flow. BCST oval gear flowmeter standard accuracy is 0.5%, this accuracy can maintain a long time without recalibration.
There are two toothed precision oval wheels inside the oval gear flowmeter, when there is fluid passing through the inner side of the flowmeter, it will drive the two oval wheels’ moves. So, the measured liquid must be clean without impurity. BCST oval gear flowmeter can measure high viscosity liquid, such as gel, crude oil, the highest viscosity can be 2000 mPas.
Meanwhile, BCST oval gear flowmeter can measure a wide flow range with low-pressure loss.
Welcome to send us an inquiry about the oval gear flowmeter.
An Oval Gear Flowmeter- A Complete Guide
BCST is among the leading specialists and manufacturers of different types of flowmeters existing in China. We are supplying many flowmeters to the industrial sector in China and other parts of the world. One of them is an oval gear flowmeter. The main objective of the oval gear flowmeter is to handle the viscous without affecting the processes running in the applications.
1. What is an oval gear flowmeter?
The oval gear flowmeter is that type of flowmeter that has 2 moving parts (2 oval gears). By coupling through the magnet, you can sense the revolutions through the magnetic field. Most of the control is by the pulse generator and the digital display or train of the gear beside the mechanical indicators. There are a variety of materials suitable for housing. Oval gears and bearing with the particular profile of the teeth bring versatility and accuracy to the oval gear flowmeter. The oval gear flowmeter is a suitable replacement in terms of meters that helps in measuring the liquid accurately and doesn’t get any impact of changes of the viscosity.
2. What are the types of oval gear flowmeters?
- Flange connection micro-oval gear flowmeter: This type of oval gear flowmeter helps measure the volume of the liquids. The oval gear flowmeter displaces the flowmeter by recording the volume directly. The flange connection micro-oval gear flowmeter is suitable for industrial and chemical liquids, fuels, and mineral oils. The accuracy is good, and repeatability is in this oval gear flowmeter.
- Thread connected oval gear flowmeter: The oval gear flowmeter with the thread connection is available according to the threading process. The housing in the thread connection oval gear flowmeter is of stainless steel or aluminum. There are sensors in this oval gear flowmeter that handles high temperature approximately to 125 degree Celsius.
3. What are the technical specifications of the oval gear flowmeter?
|Medium for oval gear flowmeter||Oil, diesel, and fuel|
|Size of oval gear flowmeter||DN25|
|Range of the flow in oval gear flowmeter||20-120L per minute|
|The accuracy rate of the oval gear flowmeter||0.5%|
|Maximum pressure||3.4 Mpa with the low-pressure drop|
|Display on oval gear flowmeter||LCD with 5 digits|
|Unit of the display||4 types of units are available: kilogram, cubic meters, gallon, and liter|
|Maximum viscosity in oval gear flowmeter||1000 cps|
|The maximum working temperature in oval gear flowmeter||-40 degrees Celsius to 80 degrees Celsius|
|The output of the oval gear flowmeter||Pulse output|
|Functioning of oval gear flowmeter||It starts with the reset without any filter|
|Connection in oval gear flowmeter||Female thread connection|
|Repeatability in oval gear flowmeter||0.3%|
|Weight of oval gear flowmeter||3kg|
|Diameter of oval gear flowmeter||33*26*28 mm|
4. What are an automotive oval gear flowmeter and its features?
The automotive oval gear flowmeter uses oval gear technology for measuring the fluids accurately electronically and replacing registers. The purpose of designing an automotive oval gear flowmeter for measuring the fluids in the brake, wiper, and anti-freezing applications. Following are the features of the automotive oval gear flowmeter:
- Durability in the design: The automotive oval gear flowmeter is resistant to corrosion; the enclosure of the plastic and transmitter is resistant to moisture for durability.
- Flexibility in the application: The automotive oval gear flowmeters are compatible with most flowmeters and can make the applications scalable, such as: batching of oil in the automotive motor, dispensing in the anti-freezing applications, and different systems.
- Need the minimal level of maintenance: There are only two parts in the automotive oval gear flowmeter and no power source. This reduces the cost of maintenance up to a greater extent.
5. What is the difference between turbine flowmeter and automotive oval gear flowmeter?
- The difference in the principles for the measurement: The turbine flowmeter is the flowmeter of velocity. Generally, stainless steel helps make the body of the turbine flowmeter, and you can explosion-proof products from it.
An oval gear flowmeter is the displacement of the flowmeter. The whole mechanism of the oval gear flowmeter is mechanical. Whenever the rotor in the oval gear flowmeter starts to rotate, the rotation of the counter starts, and it is the generation of the cumulative total.
- Requirements with working pressure: The turbine flowmeters help in high-pressure applications. The maximum level of pressure in the turbine flowmeter is 25 Mpa.
Mostly, the working pressure of the oval gear flowmeter is not so high, which is 1.6 Mpa. The usage of casting steel helps in reaching the pressure to 2.5 Mpa.
- The effect of the working temperature: The maximum working temperature of the turbine flowmeter is 120 degrees Celsius. The operating temperature of the oval gear flowmeter is 160 degrees Celsius.
- Difference between the signal and display output: The mechanically moving head of the motor of the oval gear flowmeter shows the cumulative amount. You require an output signal for displaying the instant output with the instrument for the flow value.
On the other hand, the turbine flowmeter displays the flow instantly, gathers the flow on the site, and presenting the output with the remote signals.
6. What are the applications of the oval gear flowmeter?
The oval gear flowmeter is very useful and can easily manage the downstream (free of particles). Oval gear flowmeter helps measure the flow of the liquid with a high level of accuracy and reliability. Primarily, designing the oval gear flowmeter is used in the liquids with high viscosity that leads to the applications. Like metering of the flow of fuels, oils, and syrup. The applications of the oval gear flowmeter are as follows:
- Terminal automation
- Unloading of the diesel
- Unloading of the chemical
- Batching of the solvent
- Dispensing the bowser
- Monitoring the consumption level
- Use in additives
- Batching the system of motor oil
- Dispensing of petroleum products in bulk quantity
- Dosing of the chemical
- Chemicals and petrochemicals
- Paintings and coatings
- Pulp and paper
7. What are the basic advantages and limitations of the oval gear flowmeter?
Advantages of using oval gear flowmeter:
- Traditionally proven flowing of the technology
- You can install the oval gear flow meter easily
- There is no need for straight pipes, so oval gear flowmeters are easy to install in the highly controlling area.
Limitations of using oval gear flowmeter:
- The oval gear flowmeter is not appropriate for steam or multi-phasing fluids
- The slippage in the fluid highly affects the rate of accuracy in the oval gear flowmeter. It is highly dependent on the flow rate, the difference in pressure, temperature, and viscosity.
- The oval gear flowmeter is not suitable for fluids with low-viscosity like water due to the rise in the slippage of the fluid.
- The accuracy rate in the oval gear flowmeter gets a high effect from the bubbles in the fluid.
- The primary purpose of using an oval gear flowmeter is with the high-viscous liquids leading towards the applications.
8. What is the working principle of the oval gear flowmeter?
The oval gear flowmeter consists of rotors of the oval shape that keep rotating in the housing in a particular direction. The differential pressure of the fluid makes the gears rotate. First, it creates a pocket of the fluid in the middle of the gear and housing on the outer side. Later, the pocket of the fluid is empty and flows in the downstream direction. The formation of the liquid sealing is through the capillary action of the metering fluids. Every pocket holds a particular volume, and counting the frequency of the pockets helps measure the volume and rate of the flow. The working is by the magnets embedded in the rotor and provides pulse output during the rotation.
9. What are the features of the oval gear flowmeter?
- The rate of accuracy is high in the oval gear flowmeter, along with repeatability.
- The oval gear flow meter shows that the volumetric reading directly helps measure the high and low viscous liquids
- . There is no requirement and conditions in the oval gear flowmeter regarding the flow. There is only straight running in the oval gear flowmeter.
- The rotors in the oval gear flowmeter are of stainless steel.
- The option of a quadrature with the pulse output is available in an oval gear flowmeter along with the flow in two directions.
- The oval gear flowmeter has only two moving parts.
- The oval gear flowmeter is suitable for the additives in the fuel, treatment of the water, and measuring the volume of industrial fluids.
10. How does viscosity affect the oval gear flowmeter?
One of the advantages of using an oval gear flowmeter is that the oval gear flowmeter has immunity regarding the changes visible in the viscosity. The working of the oval gear flowmeter is precisely the opposite of the turbine meters, where the effect of the viscosity results alters the process and rate of accuracy. The viscosity of the fluid flowing in the oval gear flowmeter has no impact, but you need to monitor the speed of the flow at a minimum level. It helps in maintaining the accuracy at the standard level of the oval gear flowmeter. It is because of the slipping of the fluid around and between the rotors. For liquids whose viscosity is more than 1000cP, you need to consider the pressure drop in the oval gear flowmeter. The higher viscosity level helps the rotors reduce the pressure level without any effect on the accuracy rate.
11. How is the accuracy and robustness of the oval gear flowmeter?
The oval gear flowmeter is among those flowmeters that measure the actual volume directly. Meanwhile, the other techniques interpret the volume by measurement and equalize it with the flow rate. The oval gear flowmeter delivers accuracy according to the application and also fits the requirements of different industrial surroundings. The flow range is wide, low-pressure drop level and extended viscosity range are the unique features of the oval gear flowmeter. There is simplicity and robustness in the oval gear flowmeter. The working of the oval gear flowmeter is through the overlocking of the two gears in the oval shape. The design of oval gear flowmeters is particular to use them in highly controlling environments. There is the maintenance of accuracy in oval gear flowmeter without considering the temperature, changes in viscosity, or pulsation of the flow.
12. What are the maintenance and cleaning procedures in the oval gear flowmeter?
The oval gear flowmeter is a device that works with mechanical techniques, so it means that wearing and tearing is part of the oval gear flowmeter. Therefore, to increase the working of the oval gear flowmeter, you need to decrease the system’s downtime and maintain the oval gear flowmeter periodically. Also, there is a requirement of the program regarding the inspection. Therefore, before starting the maintenance of the oval gear flowmeter, make sure that the below items are complete:
- Must shut down the line of the flow and oval gear flowmeter. Make sure to drain all the liquids.
- Isolate all the alarms and controlling output so it doesn’t affect any of the processes.
- Shut down or isolate the supply of power and voltage passing through the oval gear flowmeter.
So, the inspection and maintenance of the oval gear flowmeter are important every six months or every year—mainly the installation process in strict conditions. The need to monitor and maintain oval gear flowmeter in the applications shows variations in the high temperature and more extended periods of the flow that is more than 80% of the rate of the flowing of the oval gear flowmeter. For all the procedures regarding cleanliness, make sure it doesn’t exceed the specifications of working of the oval gear flowmeter. Check the compatibility with the cleaning solutions against the usage of materials for constructing the oval gear flowmeter.
13. How is calibration in the oval gear flowmeter?
The calibrating of every oval gear flowmeter is at the factory on an individual basis. Later, proceeds for the certificate of calibrations for showing the count of pulses per unit volume. If any of the liquid whose viscosity keeps changing from the calibration of the liquid of the factory. Then as a recommendation, calibrate your oval gear flowmeter again for measuring the liquid. For calibrating any of the fields of oval gear flowmeter, consideration of accuracy is important during the calibration procedure and standard of the volume. The usage of a standard volume of unknown accuracy delivers terrible results. Run any calibration process for a minimum of 2 minutes to reduce the effect of starting and shutting down flows on the readings.
14. What are the installation steps of the oval gear flowmeter?
- Before installing the oval gear flowmeter, clean the pipeline.
- The installation of the filter is essential if there is a presence of solid particles in the liquid.
- If there is gas in the liquids, then there is a requirement of the exhaust gas device.
- Before starting the oval gear flowmeter, clean the new pipeline and flush it with the solid flow to remove the welding scales as the residue.
- Close the stop valves of the oval gear flowmeter from front and back so liquid flows easily through the bypass tube.
- Use the short tube if there is no bypass tube in the oval gear flowmeter.
- Install the sections of straight pipes in an oval gear flowmeter horizontally or vertically. During the installation process, the axis of rotation of the oval gear flowmeter must be in a parallel direction towards the ground.
- Check the consistency in the direction of the flow that shows the housing of the flow metering. Mostly, the flow measurement is in a single direction. However, if necessary, you can install the valve in the reverse direction facing the downstream to prevent the oval gear flowmeter from any damage.
- Mainly after the sweeping of the liquid, the air in the pipeline and the running pressure is present. However, the air flowing to the sensor and tassel at a higher rate causes damage to the sensor’s shaft and bearings. Therefore, in the beginning, gradually increase the flow, so the air escapes easily.
15. How to use an oval gear flowmeter?
- Checking of the filter: after testing the pipeline, it is important to check its condition. First, clean the filter from all types of dirt that helps the measuring the flow and pressure loss.
- Measurement of liquids with high-viscosity: The purpose of using an oval gear flowmeter to measure the high-viscous liquids. To start the oval gear flowmeter, heat the fluids. When the oval gear flowmeter stops operating, the fluids inside cool down and get thick. Before proceeding towards the sensor, heat the cooled fluids again. The component that helps in measuring might get damage through the cool liquids in thick texture.
- Avoid the changes in the sharp flow: the difference in the sharp flow causes the production of an extra-large force. It might be the reason for the destruction of the gear rotors that leads to the impairment in the oval gear flowmeter.
- Switching through the bypass pipe: while transferring the flowing fluid from the bypass pipe, you need to open and close it specifically during the presence of high pressure and temperature existing in the pipeline. After the activation, open the valve inwards and later slowly the outer one on the outlet. Keep monitoring the flowing of the fluid in the oval gear flowmeter and then close the bypass valve. Must control the flow rate up to 70%-80% of the maximum flowing rate to increase the life of the oval gear flowmeter.
- The operational flow: the minimum value of the flow should not be small for operating purposes, or else the oval gear flowmeter starts showing wrong accuracy results. For the working of the oval gear flowmeter, the value must be within the range to analyze the nameplate of the oval gear flowmeter.
- The temperature of the medium: keep the medium’s temperature within the range on the nameplate of the oval gear flowmeter. There is a possibility of jamming the gear due to the too high temperature of the medium.
- Checking the condition of the gear regularly: if you are using an oval gear flowmeter for an extended period, then the gears corrode and worn out at the inner side and impact measuring the accuracy level. Therefore, it is better to keep observing and remove the parts for inspection and recalibration process regularly.
16. What are the troubleshooting issues in the oval gear flowmeter?
- No flowing of the fluid through the oval gear flowmeter: foreign particles in the oval gear flowmeter keep blocking the rotors. It damages the rotors and blocks the line strainer.
- Reduction in the flow through the oval gear flowmeter: This is due to the strainer’s blockage or the fluid is too viscous.
- Oval gear flowmeter giving inaccurate readings: this happens when the rate of the flowing fluid is too high or too low—there is the presence of air in the fluid or incorrect installation, causing the excess wear.
- Oval gear flowmeter not showing the pulse signals: There might be some fault in the sensor or reed switch offering faulty readings. Sometimes magnets in oval gear flowmeters also fail.
- LCD not working properly: no proper connection with the battery or faulty connection with the wires. There can be damaged in connection with the LC display.
17. What are the solutions for resolving the troubleshooting issues in the oval gear flowmeter?
- Clean the strainer and arrange it inline
- Adjust the connections again
- Look at the specifications for the maximum viscosity
- Check the body of the oval gear flowmeter and rotors for the replacement
- Change the PCB board and magnets
- Check all the connections with the battery
- Look at all the connectivity with the wires and change the LCD if there is an issue.
- See the specifications for the rate of the flow at minimum and maximum flows.
BCST is a well-known and reputable organization that is supplying and manufacturing the oval gear flowmeter. We offer different types of oval gear flowmeters that are dependent on the requirements of your applications. The oval gear flowmeter is the positive displacement of the flowmeters. Our dedicated and experienced team is always here for all your queries and resolving all the oval gear flowmeter issues. The contact number of BCST is 8651786989565, or even you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org