- Automatic power adjustment, gain control, temperature compensation.
- Physically sealed probe, IP68 protection, waterproof
- Strong anti-interference capability.
- Multiple output formats
- Small size and lightweight.
- Excellent chemical resistance, waterproof polypropylene housing, compact and quite robust
- Easy installation, and free of maintenance
High Quality Ultrasonic Level Meter Manufacturer
As an ISO registered factory, BCST is specialized in the development and production of the ultrasonic level transmitter. We have CE, SIL2, explosion-proof certificates for the ultrasonic level transmitter. There is an experienced technical team specialized in ultrasonic level transmitters in BCST.
Each part is made by ourself include electric board, detector, and connection. So the quality can be ensured. And our delivery time is fast. It can be widely used to measure the liquid heights, tank heights in various industries, such as machinery, electric power, metallurgy, power generation, shipbuilding, petrochemical, food, and other industries.
Welcome to send us an inquiry about the ultrasonic level transmitter.
One Step Ultrasonic Level Meter Solution Supplier
Full package of Ultrasonic Level Meter Solution
BCST ultrasonic level transmitter is a digital level meter controlled by a microprocessor. It is a non-contact level measurement, and it can be used to measure the corrosive,chemical-based medium, sanitary standard medium.
They can be applied in both open tank and seal tank, the max range is 40 M.
It is an ideal choice for your project.
Welcome to send us inquiry.
Other Level Measurement Solution
Why Purchase Ultrasonic Level Meter from BCST
Ultrasonic Level has 2-wire series and 4 wires for continuous non-contact level measurement in liquids and solids. It consists of a probe and electronic units, both of which are leak-proof structures. This series can be widely applied to the metallurgical, chemical, electricity, and oil industries.
- Measuring Medium
- Measured range
- Working pressure
- Working temperature
- Process connection
- Special requirement
- Continuous non-contact level measurement with compact version;
- Integrated design, installed conveniently;
- Protected in the excessive voltage and current, protected in the thunder and lightning;
- The big show window of LCD is easy to debug and observe;
- Excellent anti-interference capability;
- 4-20mA output;
- Intellectual signal treatment technology, guarantee that the instrument meets various kinds of the operating occasion;
- All plastic outer cover ( IP67 ), airproof and alkali-resisting, meet the abominable environment.
Ultrasonic Level Transmitter – A Complete Guide
BCST is highly professional at manufacturing various kinds of transmitters, flowmeters, transmitters, and much more. It includes an ultrasonic level transmitter that helps in measuring the level of the liquid. We manufacture and supply ultrasonic level transmitters to different parts of the world. BCST have specialists along with the technical team for developing and producing ultrasonic level transmitter. BCST also offers the whole package for measurement and control solutions for the last 20 years.
Following are the answers to the questions about the ultrasonic level transmitter:
Q1 – What is an ultrasonic level transmitter?
The ultrasonic level transmitter is a non-contact level technology for sensing and works similar to the radar or sonar level transmitter. The generation of high-frequency sound waves is through the piezoelectric transducer in the ultrasonic range. The ultrasonic frequencies are in the hearing range of humans that is between 40 Hz to 200kHz. The ultrasonic level transmitter emits the sound pulses of high-frequency from the base of the transducer. Each pulse is traveling through the air. Reflecting on the surface, and then echoes back towards the transducer where it is receiving. The sensor’s purpose is to measure the time interval from the transmission of pulses to the recipient of the echo. It translates the time into the distance or level of the liquid depending on the speed of the sound.
What are the types of ultrasonic level transmitters?
- Explosion-proof Ultrasonic Level Transmitter: This type of ultrasonic level transmitter is suitable for hazardous situations and applications. The explosion-proof ultrasonic level transmitter has no contact with the level’s measurement of approximately 10 meters in risky bulk storage and sump applications. It is also appropriate for the highly corrosive and slurry medium that includes sodium hypochlorite and wastewater. The integration of the display along the module of push-button can calibrate.
- ABS ultrasonic level transmitter: This ultrasonic level transmitter is especially for liquids and has no contact with the system. The ABS ultrasonic level transmitter consists of an ultrasonic transducer along with the integration of the transceiver. It follows the working principle of “time of flight.” The emission of an ultrasonic pulse is from the transducer moving downwards to the destination and reflecting back to the surface. Thus, the traveling time from and to the transducer is directly in relation to the traveling distance.
- Flange ultrasonic level transmitter: This is available in various designs and sizes depending on the clients’ demand. The primary purpose of the flange ultrasonic level transmitter is to deliver high accuracy results and maintain quality for the customers. Therefore, the fabrication of a flange ultrasonic level transmitter is through the high-quality raw material, and its usage is especially under the supervision of highly skilled professionals.
- Modbus ultrasonic level transmitter: It is particularly for liquids and has an accuracy rate of 25%. The whole set-up of the Modbus ultrasonic level transmitter is accessible along with the fast wiring and interface for programming. Housing is durable with the compatibility of the higher-level chemicals to handle stressful situations. The operating temperature range of is ultrasonic level transmitter is from -30 Fahrenheit to 140 Fahrenheit.
- Remote type ultrasonic level transmitter: It is non-contact filling the level transmitter, and designing measures the liquid’s volume level. You can also use a remote type ultrasonic level transmitter for solid for a short time depends on the angle. The availability of 2-relay options in this unit makes this ultrasonic level transmitter give alarm messages and procedures for draining. Different models of remote-type ultrasonic level transmitters are available depending on your usage and applications.
- Multi-functional ultrasonic level transmitter: The primary use of multi-functional ultrasonic level transmitter is the measurement of the level continuously approximately 1.25 m through the 4mA-20mA, four relays, and the configuration is through webcam software. The configuration of the relay is for the alarm and automatically filling or empty the functionalities. This ultrasonic level transmitter is suitable for small tanks with no foaming, non-condensing, or high medium with the vapors like chemicals, wastewater, and oil.
Q3 – What are the advantages and limitations of the ultrasonic level transmitter?
- The installation of an ultrasonic level transmitter is easy, even if the tank is empty or liquid.
- The whole set-up of the ultrasonic level transmitter is simple. The onboard devices have programming capability, and you can configure them in few minutes.
- There is no contact with the media, and no moving parts are present. So, the devices are free of maintenance. In addition, the wetted materials are mostly inert fluoropolymer and corrosion resistant from the condensation of the vapors.
- An ultrasonic level transmitter is not in contact, so the changes in the density of the liquid, dielectric, or viscosity do not affect the measurement of the level. As a result, the ultrasonic level transmitter shows good performance on aqueous liquids and many chemicals.
- The changes in the temperature of the process change the speed of the ultrasonic pulses, space above the liquid. But, the built-in temperature compensates for this correction automatically.
- The changes in the pressure of the process won’t have any impact on the measurement.
- The ultrasonic level transmitter depends on the pulse that has no effect during the timing of the flight. Therefore, it is better to avoid liquids forming heavy vapors, steam, or layers of vapor. In addition, the pulse requires air as a traveling medium, so there is no possibility of vacuum applications.
- Generally, the materials for the construction limit the temperature of the process to 70 degrees Celsius and pressure to 43 psi.
- The condition of the surface of the liquid is essential. The ultrasonic level transmitter can tolerate some of the turbulence, but the foam damps the returning echo.
- Hurdles in the tank-like pipes, agitators, and strengthening of the bars can be the reason for false echoes. Unfortunately, there are some unique ultrasonic level transmitters with complex software algorithms that may neglect these echoes.
- The ultrasonic level transmitter is functional in silos containing dry products, including grains, pellets, or powder. However, these are more difficult to proceed with factors like the surface angle of repose, dusting, and longer ranges that can be considered.
Q4 – What is the working principle of an ultrasonic level transmitter?
The mounting of an ultrasonic level transmitter is at the top of the tank, transmitting ultrasonic pulses down into the tank. The pulse travels at the speed of the sound then reflects the ultrasonic level transmitter from the surface of the liquid. Thus, the ultrasonic level transmitter measures the time delay between the transmission and receiving of the echo signals. The purpose of the microprocessor is to calculate the distance from the surface of the liquid.
You can use the formula below:
Distance = (Speed of sound in the air multiply by the time delay) /2
After programming the ultrasonic level transmitter along the bottom, referring to the application- mostly the bottom of the tank. You can calculate the level of the liquid through the microprocessor. The general equation of calculating the level of the tank is:
Level= height of the tank -distance
The ultrasonic level transmitter aims to calculate and convert the sound wave’s distance traveling into the measuring level existing in the tank. The time-lapse between the firing of the bursting sound and receiving the returning echo is directly related to the distance between the transducer and the material of the vessel. Mostly, the medium is air over the surface of the material, but it can be different gases or vapors. The ultrasonic level transmitter helps in determining the level of the fluid in the tank. It also measures the time duration for bursting and traveling towards the reflection of the surface and return back.
Q5 – How to calibrate and configure ultrasonic level transmitters?
BDà blocking distance
Eà empty calibration at zero point
Fà full calibration (span)
The performance of the ultrasonic level transmitter is at empty calibration: In this principle of the ultrasonic level transmitter, entering the distance E from the sensor facing towards the minimum level (zero points). You must note that in vessels along the parabolic roof or bottoms, the zero points must not exceed the distance from the point on which the ultrasonic waves reflected from the bottom of the tank. Whenever possible, a flat target plate is parallel facing the sensor and precisely below the sensor mounting position added at the bottom of the vessel to deliver the best performance in an empty tank. After setting the empty distance, you can also set a high point for calibration or a 100% entire point. This setting is through the distance from the face of the sensor towards the 100% whole level or entering the level from low point calibration to 100% full level.
During the commission, make sure that the high calibration point doesn’t enter the blind zone of the corresponding sensor. It differs from sensor to sensor. You can exceed the blind zones to prevent false high-level reflections due to the obstructions. Their reduction to the particular distance is by the limitations of the sensor itself. You must configure the zero point (that is the minimum level). This zero-point must be above the head of the boiler, whose location is at the bottom of the tank or vessel. There is also a configuration of the maximum level. Consider the distance F by taking BD “blocking distance” and SD “safety distance” into account. BD represents the dead zone with no wave measurement, and SD is directed towards an alarm zone.
Q6 – What are the specifications of an ultrasonic level transmitter?
|Availability of service in an ultrasonic level transmitter||The ultrasonic level transmitter has compatibility with the fluids and is not suitable for the solids and powder form in bulk quantity.|
|Wetted materials||· Sensor: PVDF
· Connection of the process: 303 SS
· O-ring: fluoroelastomer
|Ranges in an ultrasonic level transmitter||7.5 m and 10 m|
|Accuracy rate in an ultrasonic level transmitter||0.2% FS|
|Resolution of ultrasonic level transmitter||2 mm|
|Blind zone||20 mm means under 8 inches|
|Width of the beam||The diameter is 7.6 cm|
|Limits of the temperature in an ultrasonic level transmitter||· Ambient: -40 degrees Celsius to 60 degrees Celsius
· During the process: -20 degrees Celsius to 40 degrees Celsius
|Compensation of temperature in an ultrasonic level transmitter||-40 degrees Celsius to 60 degrees Celsius|
|Limits of the pressure in an ultrasonic level transmitter||30 psi up to 25 degrees Celsius and decrease in rating 1.667 psi on 1-degree Celsius increase in the temperature|
|Requirement of the power||18V to 28 V DC (2 wires)|
|Output signal||4 to 20 mA or 20 to 4 mA (2 wirings)|
|Maximum resistance in the loop||25 Ohms at 24 V DC|
|Electrical connectivity||Screw terminal|
|Display of ultrasonic level transmitter||6 characters LCD|
|Weight of ultrasonic level transmitter||1.8 kg|
Q7 – What are the features of an ultrasonic level transmitter?
- The ultrasonic level transmitter provides reliability, accuracy, and no contact with the level measurement of similar liquids
- No contact technology facilitates no parts for moving that causes jamming, corrosion, wearing, or coating similar to the contact technologies
- The mapping software bring effectiveness on the surface for measuring only 3 inches diameter without any concerns of ladders, pipes, or other tank interruptions that remain in the sound cone
- The ultrasonic level transmitter receives approval from FM to make it suitable for critical situations.
- Availability of easy programming along with the 6 digit LCD
- The simple structure of the menu in an ultrasonic level transmitter
- You can adjust the output range by providing the tank’s dimensions as input or filling/emptying the tank during the calibration. The ultrasonic level transmitter senses automatically and scales the levels
- The cover of the window permits to view the display easily
- Accessibility of fail-safe options for output
- ultrasonic level transmitter is capable of conducting the diagnosis
Q8 – What are factors to consider while using the ultrasonic level transmitter?
- As the temperature changes in the medium, the speed of the sound through the medium changes. The transducer has a temperature sensor that adjusts the changes in temperature, which also changes the speed of sound. Therefore, the calculating distance helps determine the accurate measurement of the level. The compensation of temperature is to provide accountability for uniformity temperature varies of the medium of sound. A temperature sensor is placed in the transducer. So signals are sent to the transceiver by using the wiring of the transducer. As an option, you can also use a temperature sensor to provide temperature as input instead of integrating the temperature sensor. If you keep the temperature of the sound medium constant, then you can achieve the temperature according to the requirement while configuring the transceiver.
- The existence of the foam or dust present on the surface of the material can work as an absorbent of the sound. In some situations, absorption becomes the hurdle in using ultrasonic technology. To improve the performance where the dust and other factors impact the travelling wave from and towards the surface of the liquid, you can use and attach few models with the beam to guide towards the transducer.
- The turbulence of the liquid at an extreme level can be the factor to cause the fluctuations in the readings. It is better to use damping adjustment in the ultrasonic level transmitter or response delay to resolve this issue. The transceiver offers damping that handles the changing of the rate of the displaying level of the material at maximum level. And also the fluctuations of the mA output signal. The damping also lowers the speed of the display’s response. Mainly when the surfaces of the liquid are under pressure into the path of sound during the filling.
Q9 – What is the troubleshooting issues in the ultrasonic level transmitter?
- Echo gets lost whenever the target is not in range. For example, it happens when the ultrasonic level transmitter is dusty or presence of excess foam on the liquid.
- Reading remains static even when the level of the liquid is changing. The ultrasonic level transmitter is processing the wrong target.
- Absence of loop in the current output because of power failure.
- Visibility of only false readings. The reason for this issue is target is unsteady, presence of obstructions, or even detection of echoes.
- The ultrasonic level transmitter is displaying no readings because the target is above or below the water level. It means not in the range of programming values)
- Occasionally, rising of the values even when the vessel is not full entirely. The readings of LCD and output current keep ramping up and down. Receiving multiple echoes and the pipe remains still.
- The ultrasonic level transmitter failures to operate accurately when the range of the current is high. The load resistance is high.
- Displaying of an error on the LCD while programming on the values of 4mA and 20 mA.
- The decimal point of LCD is stationary and shows no measurement.
Q10 – What are the solutions to resolve the troubleshooting issues in the ultrasonic level transmitter?
- Always check the specifications of ultrasonic level transmitter
- keep checking the installation process and condition of the tank
- Change the location of the transducer to a better place
- Ensure the power supply and output
- Make sure that load resistance is not very high
- Rise the transducer greater than the 0.4 m that above the water level from the top
- Look at the target for obstruction if the guiding pipe is clear
- Inspection of the levels is important, and calibrate the system again whenever it is necessary
- Never mount the system directly on the metal or no usage of the metal bolts
- Lose the mounting bolts of nylon
- Usage of foam gasket is necessary to avoid the issues
- connect the equipment with the loop
- re-spanning to make the range greater than 100mm
- Press the letter “M” multiple times unless the point of decimal starts to flash
Q11- Who are the manufacturers of the ultrasonic level transmitter?
There are many countries that are manufacturing and supplying ultrasonic level transmitters that are China, India, United Kingdom, and Japan. BCST is a Chinese manufacturer of ultrasonic level transmitters that have been serving in this industry for 20 years. Every type of ultrasonic level transmitter goes through the testing process to deliver you the best quality products. The ultrasonic level transmitter by BCST helps measure, monitor, and control the liquids along with the gases according to your industrial applications. BCST is also a professional solution provider and supplier from China. The ultrasonic level transmitter goes through the calibrating process as well before delivering to our customers. The ultrasonic level transmitter by BCST displays the output in different formats.
As the registered company, BCST is an expert in the manufacturing of ultrasonic level transmitters. We also have certificates related to the explosion-proof type of ultrasonic level transmitter. BCST has highly professional technicians who can install and handle ultrasonic level transmitters. Even BCST makes every part of the ultrasonic level transmitter, including detector, electric board, and connection. Many industries use an ultrasonic level transmitter of BCST such as shipbuilding, petrochemical, power generation, machinery, metallurgy, etc. The ultrasonic level transmitter is handy for measuring the heights of the liquid and tanks. So, stop thinking and send your inquiry related to the ultrasonic level transmitter now. The customer representatives of BCST are available to assist you anytime.
Call us on our official number: 0086-517-86989565 or even you can mail us. We are also available on WhatsApp and Skype to stay in touch with your valuable customers. BCST is ready to serve you always.